1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help! Pear-shaped Law student needs suit (USA)

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by JimLaw, Jun 30, 2016.

1. JimLaw

JimLaw New Member

I will be attending law school in the fall and will need a suit for Suit Day, court attendance, etc.

It's a bit difficult to find a suit off the rack that fits me. Years ago I had a bespoke suit done in Dubai, but it no longer fits.
    I'm on a bit of a budget (<$500), and would like to find the best alternative. Ideally I would like to get a MTM suit.

Are there any decent services that can take my measurements and mail me the suit from overseas? I'm not looking for Saville Row quality obviously, just something that looks decent and fits. Is this doable, or should I just bite the bullet and buy something off the rack at a Big&Tall retailer?

J

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

You're not going to find any good MTM for under $500. I think your best bet is trying on a bunch of different cuts from a place like Suit Supply. If not, hopefully you can save another $400-$500 and then you get into the range where you can find some good MTM.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that budget + a potentially hard body type to fit is going to make any potential MTM tailor a very, very risky proposition.

Sorry :-(

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Suit Day? That's not a thing.

Just go to fucking Brooks Bros and try shit on, you fucking ponce douche.

I hope you wind up in tax law.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016