1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help me understand the 63 models...

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by john_sf, Aug 11, 2011.

1. rohde88

rohde88 Well-Known Member

Why? it has the wrong transmission, but its lots of fun to go fast in a straight line.

2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I'm willing to be corrected by someone who actually owns one of the things, but IMO, wrong transmission, too heavy, too big, Mercedes doesn't really have a reputation for well sorted suspensions...

Unless by "track" you guys are talking about a drag strip...

3. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

4. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

The MB S-class and CL-class 63's and especially the 65's are way too heavy for spirited maneuvering on a track, IMO. My V12 is great in a straight line, and does handle exceptionally well, but not for the type of aggressive driving in turns that bring about the thrills of a sports car. I also have a sportscar, and there is no question that my heavy MB does not come even close to providing a similar type of excitement.