1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help me stock my new bar

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Rambo, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

What the hell is the difference between a plata and a blanco? And, yes, I'm feeling too lazy to look this shit up.

2. HgaleK

HgaleK Well-Known Member

What the hell is the difference between a plata and a blanco? And, yes, I'm feeling too lazy to look this shit up.
    There's not normally a difference between the two. It's just a silver/clear tequila. They normally have minimal "tequila flavor", which is why things like Patron silver are the favorite tequilas of the non tequila crowd. The GC plata tastes like tequila-lite, which is more tequila flavor than you would normally expect out of a white/silver tequila, but not so much tequila flavor that it would overpower a cocktail calling for a silver/white tequila like an Anejo would. Bottom line is that if you like tequila it's a great white/silver tequila, and if you don't, I'd avoid it. I was toying around with it yesterday making something for my GF and found that 1:1:2 GCP/Pomegranate Juice/Ginger ale on ice made for a ridiculously refreshing sunny day drink. Edit: forgot to add lime

3. Canvas08

Canvas08 Well-Known Member

in my experience blanco or plata is bolder and has more of an agave taste than older varieties. older tequilas are smoother and more subtle.

4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

5. jobro

jobro Well-Known Member

Keep the pictures coming! Marlborough drops are great and well priced at the moment.

6. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

What the hell is a Marlborough drop?

7. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

wines from malborough

i think

8. jobro

jobro Well-Known Member

What the hell is a Marlborough drop?
    Wine from the Marlborough region in New Zealand. Look at the label on the bottle of Nobilo.

9. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Wine from the Marlborough region in New Zealand. Look at the label on the bottle of Nobilo.
    Why do they call them drops? [​IMG]

10. jobro

jobro Well-Known Member

Why do they call them drops? [​IMG]
    Just one of those things I guess. Same reasons people call a dollar a "buck" etc. Kinda like saying a "dram" of whiskey. A book called A Drop o' Wine Good Drop wine blog

11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

New additions: [​IMG]

12. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

13. jobro

jobro Well-Known Member

14. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

Hideous. Don't do it. Enclosed.

15. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I'd want something enclosed. That is going to collect dust.
    Hideous. Don't do it. Enclosed.
    Have you guys ever seen a bar cart? They're not enclosed in any way. Generally speaking, enclosed bar's are expensive. Not something that I'm looking for at the moment.

16. jobro

jobro Well-Known Member

Have you guys ever seen a bar cart? They're not enclosed in any way. Generally speaking, enclosed bar's are expensive. Not something that I'm looking for at the moment.
    Yep, been looking for a bar cart for a while actually. I wouldn't keep it fully stocked or even stocked at all unless I needed to. Try searching for a buffet, sideboard or credenza. I have an antique buffet that I use but I am unsure how that would fit in with your decor. I keep an empty decanter on top with a few glasses and everything else is underneath. My stock is kept behind panel doors but I could have just as easily went with glass. Edit: Similar to this but with a mirror. [​IMG]

17. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Bump for new brews: [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Fuck why would you drink those in S. Fl as the summer is about to kick into high gear?

19. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Good beer is good beer. Doesn't matter what the temperature is outside. If it makes you feel better I had a Terrapin Rye Pale Ale the other day.

20. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

After I moved overseas I learned that near my home in NW Indiana is one of the best microbrews in America. Last time I visited, my mom picked up some for me. Three Floyds out of Munster is worth trying if you haven't.

(I think it might be the water. The city of Munster bottles their tap water and sells it regionally to great success. They call it "Hinkley Springs")