1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help me choose a special pair of Edward Green shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thinman, May 3, 2006.

1. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

An Ecton! Congrats man, I love that shoe.

Thanks Z! I'm especially happy to have found it on the 888.

2. tailorrmade

tailorrmade Well-Known Member

Thinman what did you wind up with? I am about to do the same. I am looking at the Gresham boot with the Edwardian finish. Also, I am having a hard time with sizing. SkyValet never has my size in the 888 last. How did you get them to send you a trial pair for size? thanks for any help you can provide!

3. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Thinman what did you wind up with? I am about to do the same. I am looking at the Gresham boot with the Edwardian finish. Also, I am having a hard time with sizing. SkyValet never has my size in the 888 last. How did you get them to send you a trial pair for size? thanks for any help you can provide!

I ended up with the Dover (RL calls it the "Pitney") in Edwardian antique, with extra antiquing, on the 808 last. I could have sworn that I ordered it on the 89 last, but the 808 is an excellent fit. They are my favorite shoes and I wear them approximately 3 times a week (I'm wearing them today, in fact).

Hilary Freeman sent the try-on shoes to the Beverly Hills RL store, where I was fitted. I suspect the BH RL store sells a much higher volume than Sky Valet, so it's easier for them to request try-ons. Although Adam at Sky Valet once told me he would get a try-on pair for me, he never called and I didn't follow up either.

If you want to try on a pair of lace-up shoes on the 888 last, you might call your nearest RL store and ask if they have a Mackay in your size.

Oh, and thanks again to all who contributed to this thread. I'm truly enjoying my EG shoes (and collecting more. During the recent 30%-off sale on polo.com, I ordered a pair of Grants from "my" salesman at the BH store and he honored the online sale price).

4. tailorrmade

tailorrmade Well-Known Member

Thanks! Is that sale over? I would love to order a pair of Grants!

5. william

william Well-Known Member

I ended up with the Dover (RL calls it the "Pitney") in Edwardian antique, with extra antiquing, on the 808 last. I could have sworn that I ordered it on the 89 last, but the 808 is an excellent fit. They are my favorite shoes and I wear them approximately 3 times a week (I'm wearing them today, in fact).

Hilary Freeman sent the try-on shoes to the Beverly Hills RL store, where I was fitted. I suspect the BH RL store sells a much higher volume than Sky Valet, so it's easier for them to request try-ons. Although Adam at Sky Valet once told me he would get a try-on pair for me, he never called and I didn't follow up either.

If you want to try on a pair of lace-up shoes on the 888 last, you might call your nearest RL store and ask if they have a Mackay in your size.

Oh, and thanks again to all who contributed to this thread. I'm truly enjoying my EG shoes (and collecting more. During the recent 30%-off sale on polo.com, I ordered a pair of Grants from "my" salesman at the BH store and he honored the online sale price).

Any pics?

6. swoobie

swoobie Well-Known Member

7. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Ask and ye shall receive (I forgot to mention that I also chose a "Thames" sole). Color is more true in the first two pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

9. william

william Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics thinman those are gorgeous.