1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help identifying color

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrchapel, Jun 26, 2006.

1. mrchapel

mrchapel Well-Known Member

Hello! I realise this is going to be a rather difficult question, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what color this blazer is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, what color is the very faint pinstripe? I really like this jacket's look. I realise this may also be a difficult question; but could anyone guess as to what kind of fabric this is? Any help or opinions are greatly appreciated and encouraged! Thanks!

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

probably medium slate grey with a light grey or white stripe.

as for fabric, no way to tell, but i would hope it is wool.

the lapels look funny, btw.

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

probably medium slate grey with a light grey or white stripe.

as for fabric, no way to tell, but i would hope it is wool.

Agreed on the color, and there is "no way to tell" what the fabric is.

Who is the man pictured?

4. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

The way the lapel peaks curve up from the chest is just awful. Looks like poor execution of a good idea (single breasted peak lapels). Low quality SB/PL suits seem to be the rage these days - I wouldn't be surprised seeing one at K-Mart... [​IMG]

5. mrchapel

Agreed on the color, and there is "no way to tell" what the fabric is.

Who is the man pictured?

I found out that the fabric is a ribbed fabric, much like corduroy. The tailor I was speaking to couldn't tell exactly from the photos, but he was sure it was a ribbed fabric.

The man is Rupert Penry-Jones. He is a British actor. Those pictures are a screen grab from an episode of the British TV show, "Spooks".

6. mrchapel

The way the lapel peaks curve up from the chest is just awful. Looks like poor execution of a good idea (single breasted peak lapels). Low quality SB/PL suits seem to be the rage these days - I wouldn't be surprised seeing one at K-Mart... [​IMG]

A friend of mine seemed to think it came from Zara; he remembers seeing a similar blazer in the store the last time he was in Europe. Who's to say?

While I do like the look, the peaked lapels are rather odd now that you mention it.