1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help Gladhands Pick a Half-marathon

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gladhands, Jan 10, 2012.

1. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

My best friend and I would like to run a half-marathon in April, May or June. We're both boring mid-30s, married fathers who used to be wild as fuck back in the day. Ideally we would like:

-A city that two heterosexual men can enjoy together
    -Relatively low altitude
    -Moderate weather

http://www.halfmarathons.net/race_calendar.html

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I thought you were in England!@ ah well.

3. gladhands

That's just because I like to call people cunts.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Oh, well...carry on then.

There are a ton of halves on the schedule, if I was to pick one off the top of my head that was a destination, I'd probably check out the Chicagoland on May 20. Or perhaps Honolulu May 27, but the weather could be suspect. Kona June 24 looks like a major destination but the temp and humidity tend to be dealbreakers for me - not sure what to expect temp-wise or how well-prepared you'd be for it.

5. gladhands

I'll actually be in Chicago that weekend. Unfortunately, so will my wife, eliminating any chance of a boys' weekend. Right now, I'm leaning towards Portland, but I don't know why.

6. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Now I know you're not English. A Proper Englishman would find a way to be there and not be there, so to speak.

7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

BTW: Portland sounds nice enough. Most of the halves I saw on the list are not really destination places. For instance: New Braunfels, TX. There is not enough money in the world to get me to run a half-marathon in New Braunfels in July. Well, there is enough money, but I'll bitch and moan about it for all 13.1 miles.