1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help finding good belts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jupiter Room, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

His work looks great, but someone wrote "expect a little bleeding from the backs of your belts" and that makes me a bit skeptical. Should I be? Or isn't it really a problem?

i think that was just one comment on a black dyed belt, i've had no problems as all and the belt is finally starting to break-in...

2. Homme

Homme Well-Known Member

Iron Heart. Could stop a bullet.

3. changed

changed Well-Known Member

does H&M sell belts? I'm looking for a variety on the cheap...

4. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Well-Known Member

i think that was just one comment on a black dyed belt, i've had no problems as all and the belt is finally starting to break-in...

Contacting him now [​IMG] His work looks great to me.

Anybody got some input on what kind of buckle I should get? In WAYWT belts seems a bit neglected on the photos.

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

Contacting him now [​IMG] His work looks great to me.

Anybody got some input on what kind of buckle I should get? In WAYWT belts seems a bit neglected on the photos.

he has a picture of the different buckles he uses on his photobucket: http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/DSC00924.jpg

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

i just ordered two belts from him. one in blue cowhide. one in veg-tanned horsehide.

7. chanimal

chanimal Well-Known Member

billy kirk
    engineered garments
    oliver spencer

8. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Filson makes an good old school bridle leather belt. I think it works well with jeans and a variety of shoes and boots. Not exactly fashion forward but has a nice old school slightly steam punk feel to it.

9. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

+1 on unlucky.. does really amazing work. I was looking at the LGC belts, and how long is the turnaround from payment to shipping?

I've had my LGC belts for several years and don't remember the exact turnaround time, but IIRC it was 10-14 days. But I think you could email the proprietor and ask. AFAIK, it's a one-man operation. He makes the belts, too.

10. insOma

insOma Member

My best casual belts are from here:

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/

I don't think he has black buckles, though, and he's a one-man operation, so I don't know if he'll ship to Norway. If you like his aesthetic, you should ask.

I just ordered a belt from these guys, after finding this suggestion and looking into it. This is the second thing I've bought after reading suggestions here, the first being a pair of Persol sunglasses that I'm really happy with. Keep up the good advice, everyone!

Here's the guy who makes next bag I'll probably buy: Saddleback Leather Company

I've already bought an Aero leather jacket, again based on ideas I found within online forums.

So far so good.

11. insOma

insOma Member

My best casual belts are from here:

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/

I don't think he has black buckles, though, and he's a one-man operation, so I don't know if he'll ship to Norway. If you like his aesthetic, you should ask.

After seeing this post, I checked out the website and ordered a "bridle" leather belt, dark brown with "wheat" stitching and a solid brass buckle. It came out really well, and arrived VERY quickly after my online order. The leather is thick and one piece, and has almost a waxed or oiled, high-quality feel to it, and the buckle is solid and heavy. Nothing about it feels cheap, and its the first belt I've ever had that actually fits me -- usually I end up punching extra holes and/or chopping off the end to make it the right size for me. Not that I think I could punch holes in this new belt. I measured an old belt in the manner suggested by the website, and it came out just right, the center hole is exactly where it should be. They also make some really nice wallets -- I think the natural calf-skin one might be next on the list -- and have tons of color, leather and buckle options on the belts.

[​IMG][/IMG]

12. insOma

insOma Member

13. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Well-Known Member

Ended up with a belt form Unlucky and recieved it in the mail today. I'm very happy with the look and the price! Definetly going to order another one.