1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help Authenticating a Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite Messenger Bag

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Heero, May 30, 2009.

1. Heero

Heero Well-Known Member

Hello. Can you guys take a look at this picture and let me know if this is a real LV Messenger Bag or replica? The guy sent these pictures to me after asking him if it is real or not on Ebay. He said he does not know and sent these pictures to me to determine. Does anybody have this bag? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Unfortunately that's all the pictures he sent. Thanks.

2. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

fakest shit I ever seen.

3. Heero

Heero Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate? Thanks.

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

I refuse to buy designer items from ebay. Avoid if you are concerned about authenticity. A tiny percentage is actually authentic.

5. Zenny

Zenny Well-Known Member

Fake. Why would you even want to buy that bag is beyond me.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

if he's "not sure"... sounds like a cover my ass sort of insurance policy. People who own the real deal aren't "not sure"... Anyway though, why would you care all that much. If you just want it for the pattern or whatever then buy it on the cheap and throw it out when it inevitably falls apart. If you want what the brand name is supposed to imply, without all the fake glitz patterns, then just go buy the real thing in a subtle pattern... personal preference I geuss. Anyway.

Nothing in life is free... if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

7. fullb

fullb Well-Known Member

On the LV Damier Graphite line the brass is always silver. Apparently it is not on your picture and it should look like this.
    [​IMG]

Image source louisvuitton.com

I would say i am 99,99% sure it is a fake.

8. Amar ezzahi

Amar ezzahi Well-Known Member

Fake, definitely. Just have a look at the cheap tag!

9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

if he's "not sure"... sounds like a cover my ass sort of insurance policy. People who own the real deal aren't "not sure"... Anyway though, why would you care all that much. If you just want it for the pattern or whatever then buy it on the cheap and throw it out when it inevitably falls apart. If you want what the brand name is supposed to imply, without all the fake glitz patterns, then just go buy the real thing in a subtle pattern... personal preference I geuss. Anyway. Nothing in life is free... if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
    i completely agree with the first part of this. a reputable reseller would be able to confidently tell you the provenance of their item, and be able to produce receipts, cards, certification, control numbers, and a dizzying array of facts to authenticate the item they are selling. if they cannot do that, then move on. my wife has both bought and sold purses for her collection on eBay, and the detail that is available on the Web to authenticate these items is both plentiful and readily available. as for the second part, if you decide to purchase and use a fake item, just be aware that there are lots of people out there that can spot your fake from twenty paces and will ridicule you for it, if you care about that sort of thing. probably behind your back, if that gives any comfort [​IMG]