1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help!  Newbie looking at a Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CvilleStudent, Feb 24, 2005.

1. CvilleStudent

CvilleStudent Member

I'm looking at the following auction on Ebay, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated: Ebay Auction The thing is, the measurements they provide are pretty good (although the pants need to come in a little -- always the case), and I like the color and windowpane as something different from the suits I have, but the picture tells nothing of what the jacket actually looks like. Does it look like a potato sack to anyone else? Are measurements and a quality name like St. Andrews enough to go on?

2. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

Looks great to me. Hardly a potato sack. St. Andrews makes a wonderful suit. Highly qualified EBay seller.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Definitely looks like a nice suit. The potato-sackness is probably just from the way it's on the hanger. It would take a very very skinny suit to show waist supression while hanging in that fashion.

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

I agree with the above posters, looks great.

edit: i wonder why the seller listed it like he did. makes it almost impossible to find with a search, unless you're browsing by size.

5. CvilleStudent

CvilleStudent Member

man, maybe I shouldn't have put it up on this board.... I might have given the seller some free advertising and myself some new competition [​IMG] thanks for the advice. I'm not really sure what I'm willing to pay for it, but I don't see nice suits in my size come along on ebay very often

6. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

Kabert asked about this suit on a previous post, but I don't see his bid.