1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Helmut Lang shoes, good quality?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mr monty, Sep 7, 2006.

1. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with Helmut Lang shoes?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Well-Known Member

Since those are on ebay, you'll probably get them for a good price, and I personally think the quality is very good. Keep in mind that HL shoes run a 1/2 size big, at least in my experience with several pairs of them. I'm a US 9.5, and I take a size 8 (tagged) in Helmut Lang shoes.

3. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

Since those are on ebay, you'll probably get them for a good price, and I personally think the quality is very good. Keep in mind that HL shoes run a 1/2 size big, at least in my experience with several pairs of them. I'm a US 9.5, and I take a size 8 (tagged) in Helmut Lang shoes.

"I'm a US 9.5, and I take a size 8 (tagged) in Helmut Lang shoes"

That is 1.5 size larger than a size 8, or did you mean a size 9?

4. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Well-Known Member

I should have been more specific. [​IMG] My HL shoes are tagged a size 8, which I understand to be based off UK sizing. I'm normally a UK size 8.5 (Costume National, Puma Platinum, Jil Sander, etc), which converts to a US 9.5. I just simplified it to say '1 1/2 sizes larger than your normal size', and was making a direct comparison to standard US sizing, since for me HL 8 = US 9.5. I hope that makes sense. [​IMG] Your feet may work differently, don't know. I would ask the seller for a toe-to-heel measurement just to be sure.