• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HBO GO + The Wire = ZERO Productivity

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haha the statue of spoiler-limitations has passed on The Wire. Making this thread was a bad move... :happy:
seriously though when people make these threads I always assume that its because they already are on a repeat (2x-3x) viewing of the series and wanted to extoll its entertainment virtues.
as for the youtube clip research its best done if you've already watched the whole series... there's tons-o-spoilers in the comment threads. but if you've watched the series then its a goldmine for really connecting the dots (there's random characters that are in the 2nd season who actually pop up again in the last season).

Yeah, I knew what I was getting myself into. I'm not going to begrudge any discussion of the whole show.

I did a search of Wire threads and there didn't seem to be too many good ones.

This would be a cool place to deposit any of those Wire clips you were referring to.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Technically its more baWlmore.

And yeah hbo go is sick. Watched sopranos, game of thrones and some movies in record time. Didn't get much sleep. The wire is up next.

:slayer:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I knew what I was getting myself into. I'm not going to begrudge any discussion of the whole show.
I did a search of Wire threads and there didn't seem to be too many good ones.
This would be a cool place to deposit any of those Wire clips you were referring to.

I was just kidding. all new info will be inside spoiler tags.

as for classic clips:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's a complete self-serving asshole, but I really like Rawls. What does that say about me.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apart from ziggy there's no significant character I didn't like on that show.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ziggy was annoying but at the end i felt sympathetic towards him. like so many other characters he was just trying to "make it" in the best way he thought

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** Ziggy and **** discovering this thread at 1 in the morning. So tired...

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^^^dude really? you are missing the entire point of the show if you actually feel that way.

What does this comment even mean? You're being vague, and rather smug.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think lawrencemd summed it up well. chris was many things, rat bastard is not one of them. he was a loyal soldier to the end. he also shows a caring side for some of his younger proteges (you know who, not going to name names)

one of the biggest themes of the show is that people cannot escape the situation they are thrust into. chris made the best with what he had. the wire also showed that society's "normal" rules do not apply to the world in which marlo, avon, prop joe and omar operate. many things are justified b/c as omar so famously puts it, "It's all in the game." in this world, reputation and loyalty matter and those were some of chris's best qualities.

also those people you bring up, no one put a gun to their head and asked them to join "the game." they were willingly involved in it. like mcnulty says, "if you play in dirt, you are going to get dirty." all those people chose to play in the dirt.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Favourite characters:
- Bodie
- Wallace
- Colvin

While there were interesting characters on the political side, I never really liked anyone there. Maybe Senator Davis.

Speaking of, Wire fans should check out The Good Wife. In the last two episodes, the actors who portrayed Rawls and Davis guest starred. Previous seasons had Bodie, Nick Sobotka, and the aforementioned Chris Partlow guest star too.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ramblings of a Wire n00b:

Goddayum...that Hamsterdam sure did devolve into a **** show...even Bubbs is disgusted. I can't imagine something like that being able to exist in real life. Any of you guys know if a designated drug area is based in reality?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He's a complete self-serving asshole, but I really like Rawls. What does that say about me.

Just got to Ep 34...gay bar scene....AHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHA...it all makes sense.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^that cracked me up. i had to watch it again to make sure it was him.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna start posting with spoiler tags just in case some new guys show up...

OMAR + BROTHRE MOUZONE = STRINGER GOT GOT :bounce2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics