• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawkins boots - much like Doc Martens

Land Down Under

Reaction score
Hey I know this is a pretty old string but I found this discussion string as I was looking on google to find out a little bit more on GT Hawkins. Reason being I found this pair of boots in my cupboard which I've had in a shoebox for over 20 years. Thanks for the info, now I know why I can't find anyone selling GT Hawkins boots nowadays.
I'm probably going to sell them (golden tan leather very good condition as I hardly wore them) so if you interested please let me know....unfortunately the photo's I took can't be uploaded on this site as the JPGs are too big but I can send by email.
Cheers
Land Down Under

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
saw these Hawkins boots in a magazine-- look quite nice!
098.jpg

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
http://www.gt-hawkins.net/

Looks like it was purchased by Wolverine in 1999 and is now sold almost exclusively in Japan and Korea.

All over Korea. They feel like down-market redwings. Materials seem low quality, but the designs are tasteful.

Doctorbird

Reaction score
Hawkins were the official boots of the UK Police through the late 1960s-70s. The standard police boot was 6-hole, black. Hawkins Astronauts were approved because they didn't have the conspicuous yellow stitching like the Airwair line.
The ox-blood 12-hole Astro's were the skinhead acme. If you've ever read the New English Library Richard Allen books you'll understand the significance of the Joe Hawkins moniker.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hawkins were the official boots of the UK Police through the late 1960s-70s. The standard police boot was 6-hole, black. Hawkins Astronauts were approved because they didn't have the conspicuous yellow stitching like the Airwair line.
The ox-blood 12-hole Astro's were the skinhead acme. If you've ever read the New English Library Richard Allen books you'll understand the significance of the Joe Hawkins moniker.
Does skinhead mean in England what it means in the US? Here it's pretty well the worst that humanity has to offer. Literally the only thing that american skinheads are of any value for is making reading the obituaries less gloomy.

IronRock

Reaction score

This is a photo from London 1969 when they were anti-establishment but in a totally different way to the Hippies whom they despised. They evolved into some pretty hateful racists by the 80s and are still around in some parts of the Uk.

Type of people who'd say 'if there was a war I'd be the first ****** on the front line' but would actually more likely to be found beating some helpless Indian shop owner round the corner at home as their war ‘effort’. Basically they are cowardly ignoramuses – but I really shouldn’t generalise like that….

marten

Reaction score
Gday I just got a pair of near new condition Dr Martens Hawkins Hiker (Northampton) boots.
Are they still available?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads