1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Have you ever been completely happy with a sportscoat or business suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CrimsonSox, Aug 17, 2013.

1. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Well-Known Member

Nice suit. Goes well with the tattersall check shirt. Another classic photoshoot with El Baño Fotografía Estudio ®.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

If I look good in it and there aren't any real issues, that qualifies as "good enough" for me. I don't think I'm 100% happy with anything I own, but absent spending 4 times what I spend now on MTM to upgrade to bespoke, I don't see me reaching the 100% satisfied hurdle, and even that would take a couple of bespoke commissions. Once I have a good fit and the particular details I like on a particular garment, I just can't make myself be self conscious about something that no normal person would ever notice or care about. Granted many normal people wouldn't care about more significant issues, but I think we hit diminishing marginal returns as we get into more hobbyist worries.

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

I have been 100% happy with most of the garments I have ordered from Chan. A couple of times they missed details I had specified, such as omitting ticket pockets on two jackets and putting flaps on the lower pockets of one jacket i had ordered with patch pockets. However, I might not have made myself clear enough in the latter case when I made my order with Patrick. Otherwise, almost total satisfaction, but I have the sense I may not be as exigent as some of the fellows here.

4. razl

razl Well-Known Member

That's an aspect that makes the question difficult - time. There are plenty of things I was fully satisfied with at the time, but they lost favor as either I learned more (and dound them lacking as a result) or my tastes evolved (usually to more sophisticated versions). A recent example are plackets on dress shirts sans tie - its something I didn't consider a year ago, but now I do. That has caused me to suddenly have a deficit of shirts for non-tie wear (which is a majority of my time) even though I considered my stable of shirts a near perfect arrangement less than a year ago.

5. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

Yes.

Belvest model G 540 circa 2004
    Belvest Model G 335 circa 2010.

6. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

Yes, an Isaia S Model.