1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

hate to bore with more

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oldskool, Jan 30, 2005.

1. oldskool

oldskool Well-Known Member

Thouhgts please. I am now questioning everything I wear... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

can you flip the pics (or take them with the camera straight instead of sideways) cause you get a better idea when you look at the items straight up...

Thanks.

3. oldskool

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

No, it looks good. Especially like the last shirt/tie combo. I think the button stance on the suit is too high -- my only complaint. What kind of suit is that?

5. houston

houston Well-Known Member

I really like all of the combos except the second to last one.

6. tiger02

tiger02 Well-Known Member

That last one is the only one I don't dig. The patterns are too close in size for my tastes.

Tom

7. ernest

ernest Well-Known Member

A spotted tie doen't match well with a checked shirt. This shirt is for casual.

With the suit you will look like a clown = SPOT+CHECK+STRIPE

The suit looks nice. Wear it with a plain shirt and tie (or a wide striped tie if you do not like plain)

8. oldskool

huh, i do striped suit, gingham shirt and dot pattern tie all the time - you see - I knew I had it wrong.... it's too much isn't it.

it looks cool i think, but people have told me no.

9. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Don't necessarily believe ernest on the gingham shirt issue. ernest's tastes are generally excellent, just a bit overly staid and, shall we say, limiting.

10. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

I think maybe the striped suit COULD be too much (but not necessarily so), but a solid suit is a total go with the gingham and spot/stripe tie.

11. Horace

Horace Well-Known Member

I'd like to support Ernest on this one, but I've found that checks and dots are all about proportion.

That first pic., with the gingham and the dot tie is superb.  It's very well done.  Love it.  Simple and tasteful.  I think it'll look swell with a navy or grey suit.

As for the suit, I don't like the high gorge -- but maybe it looks better on.

Edit: as for the other three ties, I don't like them. I generally don't care for the woven dotted ties and whatnot. I don't like the gold color at all.

But then you're talking to a guy who wears stripes, solids, dots, from old Brooks and JPress and Andover, etc.