1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever had a tailor completely rehaul a pair of jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LipsMahoney, Aug 20, 2007.

1. LipsMahoney

LipsMahoney Active Member

I just received a pair of non-refundable Helmut Lang jeans in the mail and, crumby thing is, they're much too large - in the waist, seat, thighs, and calfs....everywhere too large and too baggy. Has anyone ever had a tailor completely rehaul a pair of jeans? How did they turn out? How much might I be looking at?

Thanks!

2. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

3. lpwb32

lpwb32 Well-Known Member

i recently had a pair of loose fit gap jeans transformed into a much snugger straight fit. i've had these jeans since high school and couldnt bear to part with them. cost me $14.

4. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

StyleForvm's Men's Clothing: When dozens of opinions from SW&D just aren't enough. [​IMG]

5. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

the tailor will have to recut the pants if it's a really serious problem. recutting costs a ton more than a simple waist/seat/thigh take-in. it really depends on the tailor how much you will pay, but assuming he has to recut it, it will most likely cost upwards of $20-30.