1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Harrington Jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Inficius, Nov 28, 2008.

1. whathup

whathup Well-Known Member

Has anyone ordered a Harrington from Jump the Gun? Fit pic?

2. JustinW

JustinW Well-Known Member

Has anyone ordered a Harrington from Jump the Gun? Fit pic?

Anyone?

3. manofstyle

manofstyle Well-Known Member

Which make is slim yet relatively long in the body, with small-ish armholes? And what's the best colour? Navy blue looks a bit dowdy to me. British tan (the classic), black, burgundy or green look like good options. Edit; re the Warrior jacket. I am 5-10 go for Medium for a fit which is not too close? [​IMG] Chocolate is tempting: [​IMG]

4. j

j Well-Known Member

I have a sage/tan one (Lands End), a blood red one (Baracuta), a chocolate brown one (Izod), two navy ones (Ben Sherman and ?? vintage), a dark green one (Nordstrom), and a black/glen-plaid reversible one (Obey). I wear them all. If I find another one that fits in a different color for cheap, I'll probably get it. I seem to be making a collection of these.

If you just wanted one, I wouldn't get navy, since you'll probably wear it with dark jeans, and that looks weird to me. Black is okay, but a good sage, tan or brown color is probably the most versatile, as long as it doesn't fit like a grandpa jacket.

5. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

I don't know, J... a navy Harrington with dark denim, with a contrasting shirt, seems like a great casual look imo.

6. JustinW

I don't know, J... a navy Harrington with dark denim, with a contrasting shirt, seems like a great casual look imo.

It worked for Daniel Craig in Cassino Royal, though I'm not sure it would for the masses:

[​IMG]

7. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Well-Known Member

That particular jacket is available from Magnoli Clothiers. Nice jacket, nice price.

8. j

j Well-Known Member

It just looks a bit uniform-y to me. I still wear my navy one a lot but usually with jeans that have faded a bit. I was just saying for maximum versatility, navy wouldn't be my first choice.

9. Nuff said

Nuff said Well-Known Member

That particular jacket is available from Magnoli Clothiers. Nice jacket, nice price.

I'm pretty sure the jacket in the movie is by Y-3. $350 is exhorbitant for a straight out rip-off copy. I don't think the original retail was this high. I'd be wary about the fit unless they do MTM.

10. JustinW

I'm pretty sure the jacket in the movie is by Y-3. $350 is exhorbitant for a straight out rip-off copy. I don't think the original retail was this high. I'd be wary about the fit unless they do MTM.

G4 slim-fit Baracuta, I think .... the real thing is $100 less than the copy!

11. Roikins

Roikins Well-Known Member

The Y-3 jacket is what he was wearing during the motorbike/boat scene. The one in the photo above is the Tom Ford Harrington, which was likely "inspired" by Baracuta's G4.

12. williamap

williamap New Member

I'd like to know more about the fit on Warrior if any 'experts' can lend a hand! Are they actually slim? I'd say I'm about a 38" chest comfortably, typically a small-skinny medium but always a small in outerwear. The size chart on Warrior's website says medium fits 38", but I emailed them a while ago and I think I remember reading elsewhere that they actually measure much bigger pit to pit, like 20" or more on a small.

I'm pretty slim so a medium might be too big in the arms or chest if this is the case. I'm worried that a small might be too short (I'd like it to be generously around the belt- I'm about 5'9"). Otherwise I'm not looking for a totally slim fit per se but a comfortable lightweight jacket since I'm poor. I'm leaning toward small, though medium might be big but if it would drape well then that's ok. thanks!

13. triad

triad Active Member

hi all, i'm interested in buying this harrington jacket, and i got 2 choices here, one is a US$56 Ben Sherman and one is the $52 warrior uk (i live in australia, the prices include shipping), which one do you think i should get? which one has better quality? thanks.

14. IGF-1

IGF-1 Well-Known Member

much like williamap, interested in fit details on warrior harrington

15. manofstyle

I am a 38" chest, I'll phone tomorrow for their advice (Warrior), order one and post my findings here.

16. james25

james25 Member

i've got a dark navy fred perry harrington, pretty nice and was amazing value at like £45 plus postage.

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

hi all, i'm interested in buying this harrington jacket, and i got 2 choices here, one is a US$56 Ben Sherman and one is the $52 warrior uk (i live in australia, the prices include shipping), which one do you think i should get? which one has better quality? thanks.
    I'd get the BS, it's nicer than the warrior one
    I am a 38" chest, I'll phone tomorrow for their advice (Warrior), order one and post my findings here.
    I'd get a 36 in Warrior harrington if you are a 38" chest, and want a slimmer fit, as opposed to the "i'm going golfing wearing this jacket" fit keep in mind, warrior usually ships about 1 week after you place your order so your order won't have gone out until barbara sends you an email with invoice receipt

18. manofstyle

Warrior Harrington.

The lady there said to me that not all colours have the lining which goes up to the edge. I had to enquire to find that out. I had wanted cream but switch to black.

I am 5-10 or so and slim. I ordered small and it fits good around the body. Jacket is 80/20 poly/cotton, acrylic lining.

The jacket length is OK if on the short side. The sleeves feel a little short. The problem is both instances is the elastic which grips strongly. Maybe I can get the jacket altered. Or perhaps I should get a medium and have the sides taken in.

Or try a different brand?

[​IMG]

19. IGF-1

IGF-1 Well-Known Member

glad i came back to this thread

was about to order a warrior, and i see that at 6'3" it's likely to be to short if i size down for slim fit

20. thorough

thorough Active Member

thinking of just getting one of the Ben Sherman harringtons since they seem to have the best modern bit. from what i have gathered, these seem to be the longest right? although i know they arent supposed to be long. the Temple of jawnz harrington looked really nice but im not even sure if i can get that now and think its a bit more on the pricepoint that i want. scroll down a bit for a pic. i assume they fit like the TOJ varsity http://www.ohwrd.com/?p=629 I think to get the fit and price i want i might just get a cheap one and get it tailored.