• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handmade Shoes

Nu.afSaMar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by piergiacomi
If we are much better, I don't know, but we are not bad... I think we are similar, just send our first shoes, see the comments.

Hello,

I am new to this forum (this is my first post, hello everyone!), I was browsing for handmade shoes and got to this thread. I just wanted to let you know I really like the sturdy look all your models seem to have - not so much the colours chosen in some of them, but that is up to each buyer I suppose.

I especially liked the suede model shown (bentivegna construction)
fing02[1].gif
and will definitely contact you to know more about buying a pair from you.

piergiacomi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nu.afSaMar
Hello,

I am new to this forum (this is my first post, hello everyone!), I was browsing for handmade shoes and got to this thread. I just wanted to let you know I really like the sturdy look all your models seem to have - not so much the colours chosen in some of them, but that is up to each buyer I suppose.

I especially liked the suede model shown (bentivegna construction)
fing02[1].gif
and will definitely contact you to know more about buying a pair from you.

Thanks, today I post here a new model...

Leather man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
Style is subjective to the customers tastes and traditions.
I see a lot of talented, intricate work in your shoes.
Good luck with your ecommerce project.

I 100% agree with this comment. It is encouraging to see such careful work and love for your craft. I am English and so, naturally prefer the english asthetic in shoes however unlike most english men do not think that black is the only colour to be worn in footwear! So, I do like your tans and reds.

I do not think anyone has specifically answered your question about the quality of Horween Shell Cordovan ( or Crup as we call it) but the answer is - it is the best there is. Like you I have no idea how some shoemakers can sell shoes made from Crup at £400 and make a profit. Your revealing of the purchase price of this leather confirms why my Church's shoes in Crup cost so much and my Edward Greens even more. It makes Crockett and Jones' prices seem suspicious - maybe they're getting their Crup from that Japanese tannery ( whose quality is allegedlly not so good)!

piergiacomi

Reaction score
Thanks, "Church's" is brand of PRADA, and they produced near us too, however thanks for your comment on the shell. It's price is most expensive, but where is not another equal.

Originally Posted by Leather man
I 100% agree with this comment. It is encouraging to see such careful work and love for your craft. I am English and so, naturally prefer the english asthetic in shoes however unlike most english men do not think that black is the only colour to be worn in footwear! So, I do like your tans and reds.

I do not think anyone has specifically answered your question about the quality of Horween Shell Cordovan ( or Crup as we call it) but the answer is - it is the best there is. Like you I have no idea how some shoemakers can sell shoes made from Crup at £400 and make a profit. Your revealing of the purchase price of this leather confirms why my Church's shoes in Crup cost so much and my Edward Greens even more. It makes Crockett and Jones' prices seem suspicious - maybe they're getting their Crup from that Japanese tannery ( whose quality is allegedlly not so good)!

Leather man

Reaction score
Thanks, "Church's" is brand of PRADA, and they produced near us too, however thanks for your comment on the shell. It's price is most expensive, but where is not another equal.

You certainly won't go far wrong with Horween Crup - my Church's are all made in England ( but yes, of course, they are owned by Prada nowadays).

piergiacomi

Reaction score
You certainly won't go far wrong with Horween Crup - my Church's are all made in England ( but yes, of course, they are owned by Prada nowadays).

Yes, it's true, your Church's is made in England, but for Italian buyer Church's are realized in Italy (near Fermo). I think Church's shoes is good if not "italian".
Your Church's are handmade?

Leather man

Reaction score
Like most English shoes they are made using hand-guided machinery - whether one calls that "handmade" or "machine-made" depends upon the point you want to prove I guess!

Do you mean that Church's make all the models they make in Northampton, England also in Italy? I thought they only made their "Moccassin Construction Shoes" and their "Women's shoes" in Italy?

piergiacomi

Reaction score
Like most English shoes they are made using hand-guided machinery - whether one calls that "handmade" or "machine-made" depends upon the point you want to prove I guess!

Do you mean that Church's make all the models they make in Northampton, England also in Italy? I thought they only made their "Moccassin Construction Shoes" and their "Women's shoes" in Italy?

I don't know all model of Church's but in a shop in Macerata i see a Blake/Rapida by Church's... I don't like this construction, and I see a made in Italy logo. But I don't know more.

In Italy I never see a Church's with shell cordovan
blush.gif
, I saw shell only on hand-made shoes.

Leather man

Reaction score
I don't know all model of Church's but in a shop in Macerata i see a Blake/Rapida by Church's... I don't like this construction, and I see a made in Italy logo. But I don't know more.

In Italy I never see a Church's with shell cordovan
blush.gif
, I saw shell only on hand-made shoes.

Thanks for replying - I don't want to take this thread away from its main point - your father's very well made shoes! I wish you and your father every success now and in the future
cheers.gif

piergiacomi

Reaction score
Thanks for replying - I don't want to take this thread away from its main point - your father's very well made shoes! I wish you and your father every success now and in the future
cheers.gif

Thanks, I'm a mechanical engineer but 2 years old I told my father that he was stupid to throw his knowledge, and we start this adventure...
And now I'm really happy that there are fans of these traditions.
If this story will be successful or not, only time will tell!!!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads