• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hampton's trip: Milano

harryx2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Etro outlet is at Via Spartaco 3. I would not recommend Il Salvagente, I found its stock items rubbish. The best outlet
is Fox Town in Switzerland, which is an hour way from Milan, and you could combine that visit with Como.

There is also another outlet with three stores in the center of Milan called Dmagazine (http://dmagazine.it/). More street brands, but you
get some Incotex and Mabitex at good prices. It is hit or miss.

Neil Barrett's favourite restaurants in Milan are Ristorante la Brisa and Osteria dei Binari, so check them out if you want. Definitely go to Corso Como for a walk and get something to eat from Princi bakery.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a few months ago at Il Salvagente and they just received plenty of LBM 1911, Boglioli, Cornelliani, Incotex, at 50-60% off retail. Last week all of this was gone, the only intersting things I saw were some Sutor Matellassi desert boots (130 euros), but in green suede. So it's hit or miss. The tow DMagazine outlets in the center started to receive the FW collections, but 95% are fashion, casual brands, odd pieces.

In September you might find some god deals at Foxtown in Mendrisio, but it's a relatively long trip from Milan and not much to do in this town. Locarno or Lugano in Switzerland nearby are more interesting.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great thread
Thanks, it will be my guide around Milano and good for other members if they are going someday :)
The Etro outlet is at Via Spartaco 3. I would not recommend Il Salvagente, I found its stock items rubbish. The best outlet
is Fox Town in Switzerland, which is an hour way from Milan, and you could combine that visit with Como.
There is also another outlet with three stores in the center of Milan called Dmagazine (http://dmagazine.it/). More street brands, but you
get some Incotex and Mabitex at good prices. It is hit or miss.
Neil Barrett's favourite restaurants in Milan are Ristorante la Brisa and Osteria dei Binari, so check them out if you want. Definitely go to Corso Como for a walk and get something to eat from Princi bakery.
Sounds good. Thanks mate.
I was a few months ago at Il Salvagente and they just received plenty of LBM 1911, Boglioli, Cornelliani, Incotex, at 50-60% off retail. Last week all of this was gone, the only intersting things I saw were some Sutor Matellassi desert boots (130 euros), but in green suede. So it's hit or miss. The tow DMagazine outlets in the center started to receive the FW collections, but 95% are fashion, casual brands, odd pieces.
In September you might find some god deals at Foxtown in Mendrisio, but it's a relatively long trip from Milan and not much to do in this town. Locarno or Lugano in Switzerland nearby are more interesting.
Wow, maybe I will have the time. Since it's only 3 days I don't know really but some sale is never wrong. Do you think there still will be some small sale in the city of Milano, or I totally missed it this year?

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, it will be my guide around Milano and good for other members if they are going someday :)
Sounds good. Thanks mate.
Wow, maybe I will have the time. Since it's only 3 days I don't know really but some sale is never wrong. Do you think there still will be some small sale in the city of Milano, or I totally missed it this year?

I am afraid in September the sales period will be finished. In Italy the sales periods are more or less reglemented (sales periods here in Italian), and in Milan they started on July 7th and go for about 60 days.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am afraid in September the sales period will be finished. In Italy the sales periods are more or less reglemented (sales periods here in Italian), and in Milan they started on July 7th and go for about 60 days.
Thanks, i'm unlucky. But that's a good link I see few stores still have sale while i'm there :)

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some info about good museums or art places would be great.

sdolina

Reaction score
"The last supper" by da Vinci at Santa Maria delle Grazie

And whatabout La Scala? Althogh have to book tickets in advance.
I'm going there Oct 4.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The last supper" by da Vinci at Santa Maria delle Grazie

And whatabout La Scala? Althogh have to book tickets in advance.
I'm going there Oct 4.
You are the man, great advice this.

fox81

Reaction score
book well in advance to see the last supper. probably good advice for la scala too

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
book well in advance to see the last supper. probably good advice for la scala too
Yepp i'm looking around little now, I just hope I have time to do everything... Maybe I will stay longer if that is the case. What did you think general of Milano when you was there, did you enjoy it?

fox81

Reaction score
i loved it, but you have to appreciate it from a different angle to most other italian cities. it is not full of amazing sites to see as a tourist (like venice or rome) but its a city of modern italians going about their lives. walk around the streets of brera and soak it up

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The 'Last supper' is definitely worth seeing. There are many nice trattoria there that the locals frequent.
I went a bit mad in the Gallo shop in Milan.
Excellent Risotto in Temperanza though it's a bit out of the way.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i loved it, but you have to appreciate it from a different angle to most other italian cities. it is not full of amazing sites to see as a tourist (like venice or rome) but its a city of modern italians going about their lives. walk around the streets of brera and soak it up
Of course I understand that. But I am mostly there for the clothing brands and the quality stores. But I can't wait to try it the good food, wines and see as much as I can.
The 'Last supper' is definitely worth seeing. There are many nice trattoria there that the locals frequent.
I went a bit mad in the Gallo shop in Milan.
Excellent Risotto in Temperanza though it's a bit out of the way.
So i've heard. Think i'll book it on monday. Oh okay that's good to know, thanks.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things I remember:

M Bardelli, already mentioned before.

E. Marinella tie shop.

There is a Slow Wear shop - selling Incotex and their other brands.

G. Lorenzi on Via Monte Napoleone - a great shop to buy all kinds of old world articles.

Foodwise I remember Da Giacomo, it was very good.

Also, you might want to look at the Audemars Boutique :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads