1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Had you ever boycott a website or being banned from other forums?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by doughboysc, Jun 1, 2012.

1. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Always good to have potential for something in life..

2. uhurit

uhurit Well-Known Member

Many years ago I was banned from a jeans forum.

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Well-Known Member

Serving life bans on many football forums of many different clubs for spamming, NSFW pictures including one of an elephant doing a poo which I posted again after it was deleted, swearing (life ban for my first post on a new forum being "fucking shit cunts"), been banned from one for fake transfer threads, posting fat titty pictures and was finally given a life ban yesterday for mentioning that there were LUFC forums who welcome new members. Although I stopped posting anything other than windups on there years ago.

4. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Did you tell them that jeans are overpriced, uncomfortable, ugly, work trousers.

5. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Humpy, I may have misjudged you; you may not be such a cunt after all.

6. uhurit

uhurit Well-Known Member

No, that was before I saw the light: instead I got into a heated argument about pros and cons of different diesel models:brick:

7. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

:D

8. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

:slayer:

9. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

I boycotted AAAC for about 14 months during the ascendancy of Cruiser.

10. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

boycotted? you mean you're back there?

11. doughboysc

doughboysc Well-Known Member

Ask Andy About Clothes is notorious for his own ways of censorship. He Censored the word "Sucks" and I got ticked off.

12. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

My mother once threatened to wash my mouth out with soap for using "sucks". Maybe Andy's mother did the same to him.

13. doughboysc

doughboysc Well-Known Member

Some folks are conservative. I respect that you dig!

14. div25sec9

div25sec9 Well-Known Member

I got banned for "Anti-social" comments. He would not provide me examples or how my posts could be viewed as anti-social. I in fact was trying to just get enough posts to sell stuff there, not trying to ruffle any feathers; which is why I am still confused about it.

15. imatlas

My 3rd grade teacher dubbed me "anti-social". Her rationale was that I was disrupting the class by talking with my friends too much. In other words, I was anti-social because I was overly social.

16. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I haven't been banned from a forum, but there is this one that I signed up for (and paid to do it) where people getting banned was like a daily occurrance. If you had the smallest bit of personality, or you had a strong opinion you were thrown out, no questions asked. I thought it was such horseshit. While, I personally disagree with some of the bannings that have happened over the year on this forum, I like that you are not thrashed for having some sort of personality, or strong opinions. Threats of violence and such is inexcuseable, or obvious trolling, but I think for the most part this forum is pretty fair. I am thinking of going back to that other forum I was a part of and just hae a mental breakdown on it to get banned. Could be fun.

17. imatlas

I'm an admin for a forum that was created in the mid '90s by a co-founder of The Well, the guy who literally wrote the book on virtual communities. His approach to governance was so laissez-faire that he quit when we voted to ban someone who was clearly mentally ill and was stalking other members in RL. Eff that, I'm pretty goddamned anti-authority but letting shit like that go on because doing anything about it would violate your libertarian principles just takes it too far.

18. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Whose sock are you?