1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. pronxs

pronxs Well-Known Member

need a size 43 please PM me if you are willing to ship to asia. thanks.

2. Tuma

Tuma Well-Known Member

Have you polished these? These look so good to their price!

And white ones, I think I´ll buy a pair to do some experiements at spring and summer. Paint them by my self again or something. White colour will look a lot nicer when worn in as does the black I quess.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

i put fingerprints in the finish when i touch mine, its more of a waxy coating over the top (white shoe polish or something? i dunno). if you wanted, i imagine you could wipe the finish off and they'd look like the boots quoted above this post.

1 person likes this.
  4. wzjradam

wzjradam Well-Known Member

I have not. But I have wiped them down once or twice. Again, I highly suggest adding heel taps to the side zips. They will prevent the heel issue some are saying they are having, and will also prolong the life of the heel.

Here's mine with about two weeks of wear. Got taps on the first day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. GonD

GonD Well-Known Member

Black shoe cream + polish:
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  6. wzjradam

Nice. I might do that to my second pair. Show us how it looks after a few wears.

7. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

Interesting...but what if you wanted the opposite? (i.e. you liked the finish and didn't want the boots to be jet black lol)

8. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

not sure, apart from not touching or wiping them often. just let normal wear put marks in it.

if you wanted to keep the finish uniform, i've seen MMM boots for sale that come with a jar of MMM white shoe polish, that has given them a white-ish, aged looking finish.

for instance, these boots on the TK Maxx website look to have white shoe polish or shoe cream or something on them, you can see where the strap on the side has moved, theres a line between where the polish is, and the untouched leather

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

If I have a 41 in mainline Sidezips, will H&M 41 fit me too?

10. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

mainline run up to one size large IME, h&Ms are TTS.

11. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Okay but I have a bit of play in my mainline MMMs and I usually wear 41 in all shoes. I think my real size is 41.5 :/ I have no local H&M with the Margiela collab stocked here, but I have the chance to order them at ~97$ :/

12. herp

herp Well-Known Member

Just bought a 2nd pair of side zips because I like them a lot!
    Will use some black polish on them.

13. slam

slam Well-Known Member

Way late to this party guys. Is everything sold out? I'm in the SF Bay Area. Anything left that would make it worth my trip? Aside from the shoes, anything else that is a must have from this collab?

14. bob99

bob99 Well-Known Member

Update: After 4 days of wear, both the heels are falling off my H&MMMM black side zips.

These things are shitty! They look nice, but what's the point if they disintegrate as soon as a foot goes into them?

Do real MMM boots fall apart this fast? Should I pick up a pair of the mainline boots for higher quality? Or just take these to a shoe repair place?

Damn it H&M, I trusted you. This is why we can't have nice things.

15. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

is the heel actually falling off or is it just that rubber bit?

16. wzjradam

If its the rubber part, refer to my older posts in this thread. Add those heel taps.

17. Jabonator

Jabonator Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to take your advice on it. Yet to wear mine, as I don't think the winter of Finland will do them good, will take them into everyday use in the spring.

18. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

I've had mine for over two weeks as well. Had them protected with topy at sole and heel. They're completely fine, not sure what you guys are talking about. I've been wearing them nonstop, standing for over 8 hours at work, running in the rain, etc.

1 person likes this.
  19. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

Hi!

I never had mmm side-zips or side zips in general before, how much room are you supposed to have in them?My toes have more room than in all my other boots but otherwise it fits nice.

20. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

Worn my side zips for around 5-7 days. No issues even here in shitty rainy Ireland.