1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

once the finish wears off the bottom they should get less slippy, thats always been my experience with leather soled shoes. sand them down or walk on some concrete.

topy isn't really necessary unless you live somewhere wet, imo.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tuma

Tuma Well-Known Member

Discount code says it´s not valid with already discounted items.

3. turboradmobile

turboradmobile Member

After two days of wear mine are 10x less slippy. I was sure I was gonna wipe out that first day though.

4. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Well-Known Member

Good to know...how long do they last this way? Do you topy them when they start wearing out or just chuck em?

5. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

I can't really comment on these boots since i dont know the quality of the leather on the sole. (returned the ones I ordered, and reordered when they went on sale)

My dress shoes (Loake, same price range) are leather soled, and i wore them bare sole for a good 6 or 8 months, 5 days a week through a snowy winter before I bothered putting a topy on. just had the leather sole redone on them since it cracked (wet leather shoes + dry hot house = cracked leather sole, according to my cobbler)

I dont know a ton about sole construction though. i would guess these boots are cemented since theres no stitching through the bottom of the sole. someone more versed in shoe construction (like Hendrix, or a cobbler) would be the one to talk to, to find out whether or not these boots can be resoled.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

it really depends on which SA and/or cashier you get... some of them will honor it no problem and some are "following the rules"...

7. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Well-Known Member

im a 42/uk8 in pretty much everything and i had to get a size 43

8. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

PM me if you're willing to proxy me a pair of size 42 black side zips for $99 + shipping + proxy fee.

I really hate to do it, but I've been on the hunt for the mainline side zips for an eternity and haven't been able to find them below retail. Plus I could use a pair of beaters.

9. lichee

lichee New Member

Anyone know if there are still men's items left at the DC store?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  10. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=MMAR-MZ13&d=Mens

enjoy.

10 - 20% off codes out there too, and if its your first order they'll give you I think 20% off.

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yes but sparse

only larger stuff avail

12. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

13. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

Long shot maybe, but I have a pair of the red painted jeans in 30, looking to trade for either color in 29(white would be preferred)

14. americanidle

americanidle Member

Black side zips in west Hollywood for $99 without any coupons or codes. Seems like a pretty solid deal to me, trying to figure out how to polish out the grey mould finish to get back to black.

15. americanidle

americanidle Member

Black side zips in west Hollywood for $99 without any coupons or codes. Seems like a pretty solid deal to me, trying to figure out how to polish out the grey mould finish to get back to black.

16. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Grabbed one today. Only a couple left. Marked down to $79.99. Awesome piece at that price.

17. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Edit: never mind. Was able to get it :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  18. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

this is ridiculous. why didn't you just buy normal black boots from H&M or from All Saints??

19. patepossu

patepossu Member

Have anyone tried to apply some leather creme to side zips? They seem like they could use some but I'm not sure how the grey finish would react. Easily one of the best purchases of the year considering the price.

20. snake

snake Well-Known Member

If some kind soul wants to grab me a pair in 41 that would be great. :embar: