1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

H&M x Lanvin Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ashenryjames

ashenryjames Member

I can't argue about Chicago, I've never been there. But do you really think Chicago will get it before Minneapolis? I sort of assumed it would be released the way a record is—say, a given Tuesday. Probably the stores get it beforehand, but they unanimously agree to release it on a set date. I know they're releasing it in the rest of the world a couple days later due to a holiday, but wouldn't American cities put it on the rack on the same day? Otherwise how would people know when to show up/line up?

2. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

I dont get how H&M seems to be approved on here which is just awful in terms of quality.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

O' purveyor of quality what is your frame of reference? What quality items do you own?

4. clarksdb

O' purveyor of quality what is your frame of reference? What quality items do you own?
    I'm not expecting them to be top quality but their stuff becomes non-wearable within one or two years. I understand if you're on a major budget but even then something like GAP which is around the same price range and not approved here (even though H&M is) can last longer.

5. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

I dont get how H&M seems to be approved on here which is just awful in terms of quality.

clarks are quality?

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Their stuff is shit quality but it's good for wardrobe filler and style is decent, much better than 99% of mall brand stores.

7. clarksdb

clarks are quality?

H&M is quality?

8. clarksdb

Their stuff is shit quality but it's good for wardrobe filler and style is decent, much better than 99% of mall brand stores.

Well I agree on it being wardrobe filler...I do happen to have some ribbed tanks and some v-neck tees but I would never spend $50 or whatever on a pair of H&M jeans or something.

9. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

H&M is quality?
    that wasn't the question, numbnuts. We already know H&M is low-quality. Why should I spend money on clarks?

10. clarksdb

that wasn't the question, numbnuts. We already know H&M is low-quality. Why should I spend money on clarks?

Ya ummm the thread is about H&M.

But anyways, many decent quality stores (Banana Republic, Club Monaco etc.) carry Clarks. IF a day comes when H&M starts carrying Clarks you can call 'em low-quality.

11. ashenryjames

ashenryjames Member

I would never spend $50 or whatever on a pair of H&M jeans or something.
    Don't think I've ever seen jeans at H&M for that much. Last two pairs I bought were $10 (indigo/black). That's why H&M is good—bitch about the quality or not (some stuff better than others) most of the time a purchase there is making a decision between a piece of clothes or the price of a beer in some places.

12. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Ya ummm the thread is about H&M. But anyways, many decent quality stores (Banana Republic, Club Monaco etc.) carry Clarks. IF a day comes when H&M starts carrying Clarks you can call 'em low-quality.
    Yo, this post is amazing [​IMG]

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Ya ummm the thread is about H&M. But anyways, many decent quality stores (Banana Republic, Club Monaco etc.) carry Clarks. IF a day comes when H&M starts carrying Clarks you can call 'em low-quality.
    wait wut?

14. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Ahaha in before Kit

Get your speed up son, it's a n00bs market atm

15. clarksdb

Don't think I've ever seen jeans at H&M for that much. Last two pairs I bought were $10 (indigo/black). That's why H&M is good—bitch about the quality or not (some stuff better than others) most of the time a purchase there is making a decision between a piece of clothes or the price of a beer in some places.
    Well I'm in Canada...would never find $10 jeans here even at H&M. Saw them a few times I went to H&M for around $45 or so maybe.
    wait wut?
    lol this is exactly what I dont get. Somehow H&M is approved here but not BR...hmmm okay lol. I said decent quality by the way.

16. KitAkira

I'm waiting for more Brad threaks so I can do another model hijack. Disappointed that my Frida threak didn't take off, will have to try that again later
    lol this is exactly what I dont get. Somehow H&M is approved here but not BR...hmmm okay lol. I said decent quality by the way.
    Uh, who exactly is saying H&M is an SF-approved brand? Uniqlo, Zara, Topshop all come to mind as better alternatives and all (save Zara) are generally regarded as higher quality (though still pretty low-mediocre)

17. snake

snake Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for more Brad threaks so I can do another model hijack. Disappointed that my Frida threak didn't take off, will have to try that again later

Uh, who exactly is saying H&M is an SF-approved brand? Uniqlo, Zara, Topshop all come to mind as better alternatives and all (save Zara) are generally regarded as higher quality (though still pretty low-mediocre)

[​IMG]
    wut, where?

18. KitAkira

[​IMG] wut, where?
    Here. Admittedly, I was in class posting that (and getting weird looks from pretty much everyone around me) so it was a bit rushed. See also: The Kenny sister's threak I think I've developed my newest weapon to combat special flowers

19. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

^ When I finished looking at Frida, I had completely forgotten that the thread was about socks [​IMG]

20. snake

snake Well-Known Member

haha I can only imagine what was going through your classmate's heads.