1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Guy goes berserk on Korean bus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Reggs, Aug 28, 2011.

1. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

[​IMG]

2. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

Gads! Do all those fellas have the palsy?

3. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

SHINee are awesome, don's hate ㄱ.ㄱ

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  4. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

This is about the guy in the original video?

5. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

:D

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

7. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Yeah fuck that guy. I don't give a shit what they say, if they don't escalate to violence then it's 100% on you for assaulting someone. I've wanted to assault chinamen dozens of times if not hundreds. I was 95% sure I caught a guy who helped steal my wallet at one point, but I didn't throw him over a bridge or break his face with a nice 1-2-3-2 combo because I wasn't 100% sure. At the least he should get deported, go back to his shitty American existence. I'm sure he'll become popular with his friends with his stories about how he was verbally assaulted by the racist koreans and the media railroaded him.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  8. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

The guy has no excuse...

I would have shouted a few insults and nothing else..

It was an elderly couple and the way he grabbed the lady was disgusting...

Fine him asnd put in in jail for a few weeks...

9. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

10. impolyt_one

Guy is out in the sticks. He probably knows his 'neegas' from his 'nagas' and 'naegas' and doesn't make THE BIGGEST ROOKIE MISTAKE OF ALL TIME.

:foo: (naega)

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

I don't even care. Really, who gives a shit at this point? If someone calls you a nigger, or anything else for that matter, you don't have to prove them right by acting like an animal. I'm white so i don't really have to deal with that, but if someone called me a faggot or something, i'd just shrug it off and say "whatever." People are too fucking sensitive or just use it as an excuse to act like assholes. What makes it more ridiculous is how old those people are. Everyone knows the older generations are more racist, generally speaking. Why let it ruin your day? It would be funny if he visited South America. A good number of people would refer to him as "el negro." Would he go around beating everyone up? He'd get himself killed. People outside the US often just don't understand the connotations and if someone doesn't understand that they shouldn't travel.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  12. impolyt_one

'faggot' doesn't score as many points on the hate meter if you're dishing it out to people of sexual orientation that you're unsure of, I'm fairly certain. LIkewise, if I was standing on a bus and a white person did veritably call me something racist, I'd be more than tempted to kick them in the face, I think a lot of people would. p.s. you're a white man, so you don't really get much say on the matter, unfortunately. Nice theories.

This black guy however, he flipped unnecessarily, as has been said all along. There's not really any real way he could've lived in Korea to the point of being able to use the bus system and NOT also known the difference between the Korean 'neega' and 'nigga' or figured out that a 60 something year old Korean peasant man and woman sitting on a bus are unlikely to call you the latter rather than the former (It's almost impossible to use the Seoul bus system if you're a newcomer foreigner, because at least it used to be that the route signs, bus stop access information, etc, were all in Korean, and the stops are not called in English - so foreigners by and large took the subway instead, at least for quite some time upon arriving in Korea. They've been 'globalizing' everything here for quite some time but the bus system is still the hardest of the three public transit systems for a foreigner to use reliably and well (subway, taxi, and then bus)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  13. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

I'm glad to have not met the foreigners you've come across; certainly not very self-reliant. Two months and back to the Maritimes.

Though not as foreigner friendly as the subway, the bus is still easy peasy. One can get by w/o knowing little if any Korean. Naega (and other pronouns) wouldn't be of much help w/ directions. Odi and the yogi, chogi, kogi are more beneficial to know. So sez this ko jaengi.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  14. impolyt_one

Dude, be very glad. Self reliance isn't even close for some of these people, I wonder if they are able to wipe their own asses sometimes (it doesn't look like it either) - stay away from the housing areas of Itaewon.

15. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

If "shut up" is what set him off, that chip on his shoulder must be a real toe crusher. Anyway, doesn't take more than a moment of paying attention to realize that Koreans don't yack at full volume on the bus. He likely needed to shut the hell up.

16. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

The guy is obviously an idiot...

Why black people have such issues in the States?

I do understand racism is still alive and kicking but in that case , the guy's reaction was idiotic..

I hope he got deported to North Korea.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011