1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Well-Known Member

How much did duties/brokerage come to when your orders have arrived?

2. devastitis

devastitis Well-Known Member

Really depends on the item. Accessories like belts and wallets take much less time. I backed a black roller belt in the middle of March, and just received it today. From what I hear, about 2 months for denim and shirts.

3. Oldguy

Oldguy Well-Known Member

THE ZIMBABWE

Anyone have the Zimbabwe, and if so, opinions?

It is my first backing with Gustin, and after reading through much of this thread, it will likely not be my last. In fact, I would have already backed another but I am waiting for the Zimbabwe so I can confirm I did the right thing with sizing.

It is considerably more than some of the other jeans...is this just due to the rarity of the denim?

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Nobody has it yet. this is the first release of it so any owners are likely a few months away

5. rapho

rapho New Member

Hello the Gustin team,

I would like to know if you still plan to release a new skinny fit soon about the cut of your jeans ?

If yes, can you tell us when ?

I'm really excited about your products but I tried your slim fit and I must say that this fit is too wide on thighs. So, I'm waiting and hope that you will release soon a skinny fit :)

6. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

Will you guys carry the chore coat again anytime soon? Specifically the waxed charcoal.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  7. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

Chore coat will definitely return. Got a few new fabrics we're thinking of that are lighter weight for summer.

8. Allen22

Allen22 Active Member

joshgustin when are you planning chino start to sell?

9. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

Shooting for late this month if we can pull it off. If not it will be very soon after.

10. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Member

About that Blue Silk a gustin employee posted about checking with the factory on ;)

Also since the Pima Fires are apparently not coming back ;(, are there any similar fabrics that you've used previously or will use in the future?

1 person likes this.
  11. ispace

ispace Well-Known Member

I've had a few PMs with Gustin on this topic, but I'd thought I'd throw it out here to see if there's any support.

Gustin have some awesome shirting fabric, but I wish the shirts had selvedge gussets to make the selvedge more visible when worn; it's a shame to have such amazing selvedge lines but not have them visible. The current oxford design feels more like a dress shirt designed to be tucked in, rather than a casual shirt. Gustin, please consider offering shirts with gussets, or alternatively offer a "workshirt" style option (which could include other features such as throat latch collars and chainstitch runoff) in addition to the current oxford style. Thank you :)

RRL shirt example:[​IMG]

12. Kwaker

Kwaker Well-Known Member

I wonder if others have requested for chainstitch run-off.

13. johnbrain

johnbrain Active Member

@joshgustin any plans to use moleskin in either pants or a work-shirt?

14. johnbrain

johnbrain Active Member

Use the size guide but looks like a 30 I love my Naturals

15. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

These must happen![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Dino19

Dino19 Well-Known Member

I wish the cuffs could be changed to those like the work shirt coverall instead of the current shirt cuff. It'll be a nice detail on the already awesome coat.

17. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

count me as one who absolutely does not care about visible selvedge, be it on jeans or shirts or whatever

18. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Well-Known Member

Do you think the sides on a small shirt will be too short (i.e. above the belt line) for 5'11?

19. bozz2006

bozz2006 Well-Known Member

That all depends on you. Check their fit guide against the measurements of a shirt you own that fits you well.

20. bertie

bertie Well-Known Member

As noted - you need to look at the measurements to be sure but i"m 5'11" and the large is shorter than any other button up shirt I own. I can"t keep it tucked in my jeans at all.