1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Ds13

Ds13 Well-Known Member

please please please add 1" to the rise of the slim fit! That is all I ask and I would be ordering left and right.

2. Sad Panda

Sad Panda Active Member

The chore coat back on again so soon! I do love it. Great colour, style and fabric.

I am just struggling with $60 international postage when I can get a jacket from many other reputable US brands for $25. any plans for cheaper postage options? why so much? cheers

3. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

I think the postage is more expensive because they put it in a bigger box. They could stuff it into a smaller bag, but that would make a lot of creases on the waxed canvas.

4. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the shipping address after placing an order? I'll come to the US sometime soon, but I don't have the exact address right now.

5. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

Yes. You can go to "My Account" -> "Order Status" and click "Edit" button of your order to change the size of the jeans or to update the shipping address.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sad Panda

Sad Panda Active Member

cheers, yeah none of the places I'm talking about for $25 send jackets to me in a box. Still, it's pretty steep at $60. Much heavier boots come in a big box for $25 to $45 international postage.

7. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks. I should have acted faster, the last summerweight is gone now [​IMG]

8. aikiman44

aikiman44 Well-Known Member

+1.

9. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

J. Crew has several offerings in natural selvedge denim at the moment. These caught my eye in the store the other day and looked quite nice. I regret not trying them on because I desperately want a pair of the Naturals but by the time they run another campaign the delivery date will likely be well into June.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/Denim/PRDOVR~41229/41229.jsp

10. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

I got my indigo stripe chambray, and while it's beautiful I have to assume that if it shrinks at all, it's going to be much, much too small. And from what I've seen, I can expect that it will, indeed, shrink a bit with a wash. Ah well, it's a shame since I doubt I'll be able to get it in a medium.

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

trucker jacket is out for delivery. I am less hopeful now of the fit then when i ordered it. but looking forward to receiving it

12. km83

km83 Active Member

Perhaps this has been discussed at length but isn't it immoral as fuck to use Zimbabwean cotton? I don't see why it's so widely touted...

13. eljlakers

eljlakers Well-Known Member

Great point - I'm sure it's a situation where the companies involved in producing the cotton will say they are empowering the agricultural workers of the country, whereas some human rights organization will say those farmers are being exploited by corporations. I have some homework to do!

But then there's this too - we don't even know where our cotton typically comes from (Pakistan? Bangladesh?). Cotton workers are hardly likely to be treated much better there. At least this is a known devil.

1 person likes this.
  14. Kwaker

Kwaker Well-Known Member

Please grace us with fit pic or else a narrative of what you think went wrong. TIA

15. StillFly

StillFly Active Member

So got a sizing question...

I backed a 34 straight a while back and it was too small. It did come in a little smaller than the fit guide.(0.5-1.0" in the waist) Was able to pull them up but couldn't get any buttons. Tried a second time and was able to just get the bottom button, but none of the others were close.

How much should I size up? 35 or 36? Don't want to have to go through another return. So disappointing.

Thanks for any help.

16. davidw25

davidw25 Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in some pics I just posted a ton on Instagram (dwall203) http://instagram.com/dwall203 let me know if there is something in particular you would like to see. For the record I am just shy of 5'10, 150ish and this is a size Medium.

17. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Well-Known Member

davidw25,

Do you own any Gustin shirts and are you a medium in them too?

18. davidw25

davidw25 Well-Known Member

@BolognaFingers I do not own any of the shirts, sorry.

19. shaunw

shaunw Well-Known Member

Black3

https://www.weargustin.com/store/81

Gustin jeans made from sanforized raw selvedge denim from one of the finest mills in Japan. Another rare black selvedge denim, this fabric has a black warp on white weft, so it retains a true denim look and feel. It also has a lot of vertical grain and nice cross hatching, which should lead to excellent fades over time. It's a solid 13.0oz and finished with a thin pink selvage ID. If your closet is full of blue, try this one out.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  20. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Hmm this gives me more hope that mine will fit...I'll find out tomorrow.