1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. andy b.

andy b. Well-Known Member

Any idea why the BlackXBlack is going so slow? It seemed like a ton of guys were all set to back them. Or is this a larger run and it is taking more people to reach the goal? I'm new to Gustin and the BlackXBlack are the first ones I backed because they are exactly what I've been looking for. I hope I'm not a jinx. :(

Andy B.

2. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

I just had the first sample on 2 days ago. Liking it a lot. Still have a few tweaks to make but hoping to have it out in Feb.

3. evolved

evolved Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  4. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

Nice. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

5. Hobbs32Reg

Hobbs32Reg Member

For sale or trade - one new pair of the Gusitin #37 Super Light jeans in a 32 straight.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/66

They had 2 inches taken off the length by AB Fits so it still has the chain stitching.

6. bibs

bibs Well-Known Member

My brother is looking to try a 36 straight pair. if anyone has one for sale pm me. Any indigo or black shade will do

Thanks

7. PdxTony43

PdxTony43 Member

I like the messenger bags at J crew
    What I am looking for in a bag
    1) ability to carry a laptop and accessories (power cord and mouse) (ability to put laptop AND a protective pad in the bottom )
    2) carry a few books (2-3) pens pencils paper etc.
    3) easy access to pockets for cell phone, business cards
    4) water proof enough for NW trips around town
    5) slim profile as possible (maybe adjustable straps for width?)
    6) leather straps all around

8. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

At this point Gustin is basically delivering on the failed promise of Everlane. Josh's pointed email discussing his rejection of the VC mindset from a couple weeks ago plus the the move into duffels and apparently backpacks really drives it home.

9. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Well-Known Member

what do you mean by "the failed promise"?

10. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

I'll +1 this post for potential bags. I've been wanting a canvas messenger bag for a while. I just haven't seen one in my budget due to Filson being so highly coveted...they maintain their value so well.

As a side note, I got my Cone Pima Fires in a slim cut, and they were a little too roomy for my taste. I re-measured them to make sure I got the slims versus the straights, and everything checked out correctly. So (thanks to the many helpful posts here and the denim thread) I gave them a 20 minute room temp soak with a brief hang dry and then stuffed them in the dryer. They shrunk up almost perfectly to what I wanted. I started with the room temp soak for a short period of time because I figured I could always soak them in hot water if I wanted them more fitted. I'm really happy with how they turned. I'll try to get some pics since this thread needs far more pics than it has.

Thanks to all of you who added pearls of denim wisdom to this thread, and the Gustin folks who have made premium denim an affordable option for guys like me on a pretty strict budget.

11. yeahboats

yeahboats New Member

Will there be another classic natural belt or will the natural leather only be on roller belts from now on? Should I hop on this current saddle tan belt if I want the classic style?

12. joshgustin

We'll probably have the classic belt in a veg tan leather out soon.

1 person likes this.
  13. chris45

chris45 Well-Known Member

Finally! My first pair of Gustin's on the way (#82 American Sixteener).. shouldn't be long before the #75 Okayama Standard's are also on the way..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  14. newguy123

newguy123 Member

Does anyone have a picture of the Japan IndigoXIndigo pair? The swatch on the website is hard to judge.

Thanks,

15. lbrig

lbrig Well-Known Member

How much wear do these Okayama standards need to lose the stiffness?

16. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

I know AB-Fits offers a discount on chain stitch hemming for Gustin but does anyone know if there is a set procedure for having jeans sent there directly from Gustin to prevent additional shipping time/cost?

17. andy b.

andy b. Well-Known Member

Well, I did it. I backed the Double Dip Indigo Chambray shirt. I have a question, and maybe one of the folks from Gustin can answer it. Will the indigo on this shirt rub off all over like the indigo on the denim jean fabric? My wife's car has light-colored leather seats, and she won't be pleased if I tint them blue. :D

Andy B.

18. joshgustin

We are pre washing this fabric so that should help get any extra dye off. Worth checking before you settle into those car seats but you should be good.

19. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there isn't. I just got my green lines and rainbow neps back from them and they did a great job.

20. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Is it bad that I wish you weren't? Also it's unclear. Are they indigo overdyed? So the entire piece has indigo?