1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. andy b.

andy b. Well-Known Member

Honestly, you never know. It could be any style or price range. I think they literally grab something in the size you pick from whatever basket of items in that size is in reach. I generally use the grab bag option when I want to try a new size as the lowest cost way to see if it fits.

1 person likes this.
  2. mbrauns1

mbrauns1 Member

Does anyone know if there's any plans to bring back the Horween Duffle Bags any time in the near future? I've got a bunch of store credit after the holidays and would love one

3. mbrauns1

mbrauns1 Member

Also, I've got a medium original waxed trucker that doesn't fit well if anyone is interested, I had my tailor sew in a flannel lining and it looks great but I've always been slightly uncomfortable about the fit. After ordering the Woolrich CPO jacket also in a medium and barely being able to squeeze my shoulders into it I've found out definitively I'm a size large in Gustin jackets.

If there's any interest just let me know I'd be more than happy to share some picks, the lining for it came out really cool

4. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

I'd love to see pics! I have now experience with Gistin jackets so can you also include measurements?

5. mbrauns1

mbrauns1 Member

Sure, see the attached pics. He lined the full body of the jacket but not the sleeves and stitched in an interior pocket with a zipper closure hidden by a flap of the flannel[IMG][IMG][QUOTE="Lancaster, post: 8696844, member: 0"]
    I'd love to see pics! I have now experience with Gistin jackets so can you also include measurements?[/QUOTE]
    [/IMG][/IMG]

6. mbrauns1

mbrauns1 Member

Don't know why those pics didn't show up in the post:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. catwood1

catwood1 Member

Just got my Dublin single piece belt. Its great. I can see why gustin loves dublin stuff so much. The pix on gustin's site really doesn't do this any justice at all!

8. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Ok, get the New Years Eve sale email touting huge discounts, so I check, seems pretty standard store selection to me with a whopping $5 off. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. kopo

kopo Well-Known Member

Also, they removed free shipping, so most items go up in total price. I did see a few larger discounts here and there.

10. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Yea that sale is a bit confusing. I got my polos though and they seem pretty good. I'll probably wear them in a few months when the weather warms up

1 person likes this.
  11. rnguy001

rnguy001 Well-Known Member

+1.

1 person likes this.
  12. pima1234

pima1234 Well-Known Member

Yeah, wrong time of year, but the polos do look nice.

I'm interested in other colors.

13. catwood1

catwood1 Member

Generally agree on the stock sale, although I did pick up the Desert Chukkas for $100. Looks like there was literally 1 pair left that happened to be my size, and they dropped the price a bunch. I think with stock sales, you have to keep paying attention, because often the prices changes over the course of the day / 2 days.

14. mbrauns1

mbrauns1 Member

Anyone receive their field jackets yet? Thoughts, pics, first impressions?

15. justinkapur

Still waiting for mine. Will post once I have it

16. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Guys, it would be cool if Gustin offered coats (chore coats and maybe other types of coats) in indigo dyed fabrics. Similar to what Blue Blue Japan uses, given that BBJ's garments are short, there maybe interest for Gustin's garments made out of Sashiko/Kendo fabrics. Thoughts?

17. justinkapur

Id be interested to hearing it but the pricing would need to make sense especially if the wait is going to be a while. I mean they should start discussing and pitching fall right now. It'll take 4-6 months anyways

18. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Two of my recent Gustin acquisitions...

Japan 21.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Gray Silk.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is pretty interesting going from a Heavy Weight Jean to a Lightweight Silk Jean day after day.... But it definitely shows how cool Gustin is in the wide variety that they bring to the table. I thought that I was going to rip the silks putting them on this morning... :)

-Mike

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  19. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Terrible pictures. All I see is shell.

20. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Hah. Here, these may be better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

1 person likes this.