1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ Pics of the denim + any fit pics?

Thanks.

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

#319 USA Khaki Selvedge Twill

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. geremy

geremy Active Member

Sorry I don't have any pics. I won't be wearing them until the weekend but I'll try to remember to post something. Someone (not me) posted this picture of them to Reddit, and I can say that my pair look pretty much the same...

[​IMG]

4. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

^ Did you go with your usual Gustin jeans size?

I wear a 33 slim in the Okayamas and <16 oz denim. Wondering if I should size up on these since they're 16oz.

5. geremy

geremy Active Member

All of my gustin denim/chinos are 33 slim. Some are tighter than others, these were just fine (maybe slightly generous) considering their stiffness, so I don't think it was much of a factor. My belief is that these will stretch a considerable amount in the top block eventually once they relax, but I have no basis for that other than intuition.

6. Churchill W

Decided to return this one and will be backing the selvedge one they are funding right now. Losing out on 2 months of wear, but prefer the selvedge one and will be sizing up to classic fit for that one and shrinking that one to fit.

7. LatAm

LatAm Active Member

Congratulations on the high quality photos, and a great looking pair of trousers.

1 person likes this.
  8. ptr1988

ptr1988 Well-Known Member

Which indigo jean is that? This one? https://www.weargustin.com/store/3402

9. geremy

geremy Active Member

10. catwood1

catwood1 Member

Do you guys think a Chromexle #8 belt with Chromexle 8 sneakers is TOO matching?

11. Churchill W

Not at all IMO.

12. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

Howdy y'all. I'm looking for some denim to wear in my office that will not have high contrast fades. Anyone have any experience to share with Gustin denim that does not have a white weft, such as the indigo X indigo (eg 166), blue X black (eg 89) or even a grey X blue (e.g. 103)? My main concern is that the denim should not have high contrast fades. Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks much.

13. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

Blue x black is awesome. Its one of my favorite pairs and I wear them all the time to the office. They're not fading much but I've gained a bit of weight and don't fit them the way I used to. It's a very rich color that will always looks great.

1 person likes this.
  14. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Quote: If you wash them early on (and somewhat regularly), you'll have much more uniform fading. That's what I do.

1 person likes this.
  15. Lancaster

16. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Well-Known Member

The indigo x indigo offerings are typically all gorgeous but the #166 is a bleeder. Just be prepared for blue tie transfer everywhere until they are washed at least 2-3 times. Some folks dig it, some hate it - just an FYI

1 person likes this.
  17. Churchill W

Believe it is going to h

Believe it's going to come down to how you treat it, but if you want unnoticeable fading you may be better off going with denim that is not raw.

Edit: forgot to mention that I have Indigo x Indigos and I do notice some medium/high contrast fading on them.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. Lancaster

Thanks! Can you post a pic of the fading?

19. gavrarabba

gavrarabba Active Member

So my White Gum Soles (ordered 6/22, whatever) arrived yesterday and I'm a little underwhelmed. this just doesn't feel like "highest quality materials". Is this a common feeling or maybe I'm wrong? these don't seem to stack up to other high end whites. Out of the box just didn't seem impressive. I'll have to see how they wear.

And I'm not being a hater, my mystery bag chinos just arrived and I love those. As I do multiple pairs of jeans and oxfords. 6 months is a long time to wait to me unimpressed. I guess it's all in the game.

20. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Well-Known Member

Do I need an eagle belt? No.

Am I ordering one?

YES!

2 people like this.