1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mountainman3520

mountainman3520 Well-Known Member

I've been considering it as well. Looks great and I think it could be a good style in rugged brown leather. I ordered the olive canvas version a few weeks ago for a classic military look. I'm worried about the unusually narrow shoulder width spec on a size large so I'm not sure I want to have two on order without having tested the fit.

Also wishing the field jacket had side entry hand pockets.

But I may still back it.

2. bkotsko

bkotsko Well-Known Member

I don't know.
    I feel like the shape is off.
    A few of my potential gripes..
    1. The length of the body and the arms are both appearing too long.
    2. The body looks too slim or somehow not shaped properly
    3. The pockets are way too 2-dimensional.
    4. There isn't a side entry on the pockets.
    5. The back seems shapeless.
    6. I definitely don't like that its unlined.

3. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

I took a look at the shoulder measurements and knew ASAP it wasn't gonna work for me or anyone who actually has normal-sized shoulders.

Combined with the thicker leather fabric, it'll be damn near impossible to put on.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  4. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

Khaki selvedge twill jeans came in. Turned out real nice, sized up one per their suggestion and it seemed to work out. Think they will break in real nice. Hope they do something similar but in other colors or fabrics! (Duck canvas maybe??)

1 person likes this.
  5. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Mine are being delivered today too! Will let you guys know how they are. Also sized up one (+1") as suggested.

6. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

Some of you guys make it look so easy to take a trouser selfie. Here's my meager attempt.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. Churchill W

Damn already wearing them? They look so long on me. I'm not sure i can get away with wearing them before getting them hemmed. Fabric feels nice.

1 person likes this.
  8. StillFly

StillFly Active Member

Thinking about ordering some chinos. I have a pair of 37 straight denim that fit well and I have to choose either a 36 or 38 in chinos. I'm thinking sizing up would be better. Any suggestions?

9. kopo

kopo Well-Known Member

I wear a 36 straight jeans and found the 35 straight chinos fit best in waist/seat/thigh with 8 oz fabric. For the heavier military twill, I went up to 36 straight.

2 people like this.
  10. Churchill W

No good light yet for khaki selvedge pics, but here are two pics of the Pigment Dyed Ocean Sweatshirt - 100% Cotton

Initial thought is that it is thinner than most of my sweatshirts and the outside feels OK, maybe a bit rough, and the looped bottom feels, for lack of a better word, scratchy and could be more comfortable.

Fit Pic

[​IMG]

Close up pic
    [​IMG]

Excuse the pajama pants and house shoes.

11. gavrarabba

gavrarabba Active Member

What's the deal with the shoe delays? I ordered the white gum soles in June for an October ship, and it's December with only hazy info coming out. I mean I get the business model, but there has to be some recourse here. They should at least attempt to mollify customers. Black Friday came and went, I'm sure there were deals I could've hit for a similar shoe. This is really frustrating.

12. pima1234

pima1234 Well-Known Member

Horween leather dopp kits are nice, but really small.

I was going to try and be smart by asking if I could use my shoe stretcher on them...

13. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

I recently had a pair of kicks from Gustin go 5 months over the expected delivery date. They gave misleading and infrequent updates and it was frustrating. When the shoes finally arrived, they were awesome and I've been wearing them happily for a few months. The delays and lack of concrete updates is something you have to be prepared for with Gustin. If you can stomach the wait time and be ok with potential delay, you will usually find a good product at the end. Just have to decide if it's worth it for you.

14. Churchill W

Was supposed to receive mine today too, but it looks like holiday delays are starting with USPS.

1 person likes this.
  15. gavrarabba

gavrarabba Active Member

I don't doubt that. I have a few pair of jeans, an oxfords, t shirts, just ordered a Harrington. Etc. this is been the only failure my mind. I'm hoping you're right in the product lives up to my expectations. Thanks for your reply

16. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Yeah - I've got the same issue with a Hanger Project order. Says "Expected Dec 1st" but was a no-show yesterday. :( Their tracking isn't very tracky

17. Churchill W

I find they're usually spot on. Priority is 2 days, Express is overnight. First class and parcel postage can vary. It's just that time of year when they are overloaded. I noticed a lot of people in my building ordered a lot of stuff over thanksgiving.

18. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Quote: I guess. The status hasn't changed since early yesterday afternoon. UPS had a package that was also supposed to be delivered yesterday, with this as tracking: (very strange arrival departures) 11/30/2016 9:00 P.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled Greensboro, NC, United States 11/30/2016 10:32 P.M. Arrival Scan Raleigh, NC, United States 12/01/2016 2:38 A.M. Arrival Scan Greensboro, NC, United States 12/01/2016 3:28 A.M. Departure Scan Raleigh, NC, United States 12/01/2016 10:06 P.M. Departure Scan Durham, NC, United States 12/01/2016 10:41 P.M. Arrival Scan Durham, NC, United States 12/02/2016 1:23 A.M. Out For Delivery On the truck only a day late though... I've got no idea what's happening with the USPS, and have a 6:30AM flight tomorrow :(

19. Churchill W

Bummer if it doesn't get delivered today, then you won't have it for your flight... This is my slow Dopp tracking. Not going anywhere so no hurry to get it. Nothing too unusual about it: May or may not get delivered today as it usually is out for delivery if it is to be delivered today, but then again I've been seeing the post office trucks out pretty late (5, 6 PM) still delivering. December 2, 2016 , 4:43 am Arrived at Post Office NEW YORK, NY 10025 Your item arrived at the Post Office at 4:43 am on December 2, 2016 in NEW YORK, NY 10025. December 2, 2016 , 3:38 am In Transit to Destination December 1, 2016 , 3:38 am Arrived at USPS Destination Facility JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 November 30, 2016 , 4:24 am In Transit to Destination November 28, 2016 , 7:26 pm Shipment Picked Up SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188 November 28, 2016 , 4:24 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188 November 28, 2016 , 3:09 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94124 November 28, 2016 , 10:31 am Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94124

20. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Well-Known Member

My best friend is a UPS driver. This whole week he's been telling me it's one of the busiest holiday seasons in recent memory. He's clocked out at 9:30pm a few nights this week and drivers are supposedly told to come back in if they haven't delivered their entire load by 11pm each night. I'd be so pissed if someone was dropping a package on my porch at 1030pm. It's crazy to see it from the other side. I'm glad it's not me, that is for certain. I think most dread this time of the year (until the paychecks start rolling in). The delays are affecting everyone, however I do hope you get your tiny dop kit in time for your flight (I got mine the other day, they're adorable lol)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.