1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member

In my experience, our sizing is pretty close. I usually wear a medium in both, Josh can wear either a S or XS in each.

2. Mox C

Mox C Well-Known Member

From reading at the Gustin site, the Oxford cloth shirts don't shrink much if at all, but several people, including myself, have found that the Chambray shirts can shrink up to a full size (or it was mislabeled). A Small would have been a perfect fit, but my S measures just like an XS. I can just squeeze making it work after realizing I could simply not fasten the second button from the top—otherwise it pulls uncomfortably in the chest. (I normally button all but the top.) Still, a true S would be a better fit.

I love the material and it's a nice construction, but just wanted to give fair warning. You might want to consider a size larger if you order a Chambray.

3. jmatt

jmatt Well-Known Member

I don't get this comment? :puzzled:

I ordered my first pair in August. They said October delivery. Then I got an e-mail that said they were being sewn, then an e-mail with a tracking number, and then boom - they arrived as promised. They fit exactly like I expected based on their size chart and look spectacular. What's not to love? Now that I have my first pair in hand, I'm just waiting for that Grey Silk (I think?) with the light blue selvedge to come back.....

4. wqvong

wqvong Well-Known Member

Any idea when we will be seeing another relaunch of the natural color Classic Belt??

5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

+1

My man!

[​IMG]

6. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

Any new releases coming up?

7. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member

We released four new denims and two new shirts this week! What specifically are you looking for?

8. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

Either another run of the American or Japan classic.

One observation,

I have a 36" waist. I loved the Cone broken weave cone denim you made up back in the Summer, ordered them in 35, and they are my favourite pair of jeans after a month of tortuous break in, they fit great. Ordered a pair of Japan Classics also in 35 back in August while they broke in decently in some ways slightly easier than the broken weave, but the fit wasn't quite as good, maybe stepping up the workout routine they will fit just like the Cone broken weave. So I'm sort of wondering should I order 36" next time around?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  9. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

Can any customers speak to the flannel shirts? I'm eying Gustin as well as Flint and Tinder.

10. CasvalRD

CasvalRD Well-Known Member

Can you re-release the Jade selvage jeans? Those were beautiful.

11. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

Have been on the hunt for a substantial denim shirt that'll fade.

Hope Gustin has something in mind for this, but just a thought.

12. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

Can you tell us what's going on with the GreyXBlack shipments? I know it said 'shipping Oct 2013' and we still have a few days left but some folks have had theirs for a week or two now.

13. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

We're looking for more Jade but haven't found any yet. Keeping any eye out though.

Thanks.

14. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member

We got in some extra inventory today, and are doing a surprise "sale" here at our shop in SF. Today only. Everything is $80, cash. Email us at team@weargustin.com for details.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

email sent

I notice the super heavy is $112. Is that the highest price point you guys have hit yet?

16. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member

Our most expensive pair so far is The Grey Silk at $127. 3x1 uses this denim at $650/pair.

17. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Did I get it right that the surprise sale is in-store only?

18. CosmicAsininity

CosmicAsininity Active Member

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

cool! thanks for the reply. I didn't have any motivation for asking, except pure curiosity. I own the Postal Blues and like them. Trying to decide what my next purchase will be.

20. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member