1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

I went with the same size. Hoping it works out.

2. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

Bring back the navy V 2 pack!

3. crossfi73

crossfi73 Well-Known Member

I take a slim XL in button downs and a L in tee shirts. But im a bit odd because I have a 43" chest and 32" waist so i am buying button downs and going straight to the tailor.

4. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendations. I wear a classic small in my button downs and the chest is pretty snug due to my athletic build (can't wear the slim due to the tight chest), so it looks like I may actually need to go up to a medium in the t-shirts. I'll give it a shot.

5. crossfi73

You could probably take a S in the t shirts. A classic L in a button down fits me, but the slim XLs are just easier to get altered to my shape.

Of course this all depends on how tight you like your t shirts. Sounds like a S would be a tighter fit vs a M will be more of the relaxed look. Good luck!

6. Mr Clemson

Hum. Well, my first batch that's set to arrive soon is in medium so perhaps I'll order these in a small for comparison purposes. I want a snug but not tight fit.

7. pima1234

pima1234 Well-Known Member

I've definitely been eyeing those blue v-necks. Nice variety of shade.

8. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

Personally I think you should be buying the same size in each. That's what I have done and I wouldn't have been able to swap sizes for any improvements. The T's are actually some of Gustin's better work I think. I long for more heavyweight options.

9. pima1234

Anyone else awaiting the Horween Brown CXL Roller Belt

It was due to drop in June... and no update for quite some time.

(Though that's still far better than the Handground Kickstarter campaign... lol! It was originally due in May, now slated for September. Yikes!)

Gustin Boat Shoes are delayed a bit, as well.

10. Mr Clemson

Okay. I think I'll try this batch in a small - same size as my button downs. Thanks all!

11. pima1234

Gustin should make oxfords and possiblly chukkas (overall expansion of their footwear); Y or N?

12. policecar

policecar Active Member

In the right color and style I might be all over it. I'm a big wingtip fan.

13. crossfi73

Maybe Gustin does actually read this forum. The blue T shirts continue...

https://www.weargustin.com/store/3778

The coloring on them looks pretty cool to me, anyone else jump on it?

1 person likes this.
  14. Medoc

Medoc Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right. I want to see their take on some basic oxfords. They could hit a nice sweet spot in the market with their model on a relatively affordable everyday shoe for us work folk that don't need to rock aldens everyday. I'd be very interested in that, especially with Gustin's sneakers being accommodating to fairly wide feet. Good call.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sunstealer73

Sunstealer73 Well-Known Member

A PTB in those nicer leathers would be really cool. A shape similar to the Alden Dover for example.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

No. IMO they should go back to their roots. The denim is getting less and less interesting... Way too many repeats, not a lot new.

- They haven't developed a new denim cut... I'm sure there is demand for a tapered cut with a more normal fitting top block and thigh.

- They have developed new shirt patterns, but don't offer them. Shirting fabric has been pretty great the past year; sadly I cannot wear them with those high arching side scoops.

- They have interesting sneakers and they seem to be well priced/decently made, but no half sizes... Its a nice last.

- T-shirts & Sweatshirts seem to get good response, expand the category (been doing this a little with t shirts lately).

This is just MY opinion on where the brand has gone. I do not fault them for dipping into every facet of the market, you need to try as a small business. But its missing some key fits.

Coupled with the fact that retail is suffering, the US dollar goes a lot further overseas then it used to & designer goods are on sale everyday, with no wait period. Granted sizing can be limited.

Makes this business model and offerings that much more challenging to succeed.

5 people like this.
  17. JR Magat

JR Magat Well-Known Member

I agree with @CanadaCal , and stick with the current product lines and make them better. Half sizes of shoes/boots is a good suggestion & should be a win for Gustin to get more buyers. Maybe re-design the buttondowns to cut back on the large scoops many of us aren't so fond of; which they did with the new shirt designs. Would love to see loop wheeled tees/sweatshirts or short sleeve henleys

Also, @pima1234 , Gustin did do some chukkas (example: https://www.weargustin.com/store/2670) unless you were thinking more in line with Alden style chukkas with leather soles.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

i've moved on from Gustin but I agree with your point about their denim offerings -- way too much of the same stuff and not enough new interesting denim. My hunch is that Gustin's business model it makes it difficult for them to actually develop new denim, since it's highly likely that they get their fabrics either from jobbers or whatever mill in Japan (or Italy) is offering them at the moment. It's also odd because Fall/Winter is just around the corner and the denim campaigns have been pretty sparse. Haven't seen a trucker campaign since they did the re-designed type 3, but they may have peaked out with sales on that one.

19. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

They need a more slimmer fitting chino- something like a 14" leg opening.

1 person likes this.
  20. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

They need a more relaxed fitting pant. [​IMG]