1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Hobbs32Reg

Hobbs32Reg Member

@jmatt that is some fine looking denim. :slayer:

2. Dapp

Dapp Well-Known Member

Any update on the status of the Natural Indigo2? Been checking my order religiously since the fund closed.

3. davekay

davekay New Member

If Gustin granted me 3 wishes:

1. Return of the Super Light before summer time (ordered wrong size)
    2. Return of the Organic Indigo Chambray (ordered wrong size)
    3. Return of the Burnt Orange Flannel (just saw the finished product and realized that I missed out)

Keep up the good work and I hope I get to see one or all of these again someday!

Also, thanks for sending me 3 rivets to replace the one that popped off of my Okayama Standards. First try did not work out, but second seems to be holding fine so far. On an unrelated note, though, I am still awaiting reimbursement for return shipping I paid for my defective Heavy Americans. (The ones you gave away in this thread)

4. johnbrain

johnbrain Active Member

How hard/way was rivet replacement?

5. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

Appreciate your wish list. I think we can make good on some of that soon. Shoot me a PM on the shipping issue. I think we added it to your weargustin account be let's make sure.

1 person likes this.
  6. michaeljohnr

michaeljohnr Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, I received my pair of Grey Silks today and do not care for the color over an entire pair of jeans.

The swatches looked good to me, but over an entire pair, I do not like it. One of those things where I could not judge on a fabric photo.

I posted a 24 hour classified if anyone wants them. After 24 hours, I am going to delete the for sale and arrange a return. I cannot keep them longer than that to be fair to the guys at Gustin.

See denim classifieds.

Size 32 SLIM.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I just replaced a rivet on the pocket of my super heavies. It was simple. Required a hammer and a hard surface.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  8. johnbrain

johnbrain Active Member

Cool. They sent me a how-to video link and it looked like a whole process with a matching nail size etc. I'm guessing it's just the final step of hammering it on

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I was working with an existing rivet location, so there was already a hole the right size. I pulled out the backing of the broken one (the rivet post on it was bent almost flat and the outward facing cap had popped off), put the new rivet post through the existing hole, set it on the new cap on top of a butcher block on a magazine, and hit it with a hammer. I actually probably used more force than necessary as I can see the point of the post protruding just a little but, which I don't see on the other rivets on the jeans.

Hope it goes smoothly for you.

1 person likes this.
  10. nomchock

nomchock New Member

any idea if grey japan oxford or strawberry pinpoint are coming back?

11. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

Got my grey silks in 33 slim today. They actually measure 34" in the waist, which is 0.5" bigger than on the chart. Makes them fit comfortably out-of-the-box. I actually really like the color, although it's more gray and with more sheen than I expected. Very unique. The texture is fantastic, and I like the fit. Compared to a Levi's 514 the top block is a bit more snug with a lower rise, and there's a nice taper after the knee.

12. johnbrain

johnbrain Active Member

Hope The Natural makes a return either as jeans or as a jacket. Heck even a work shirt would be cool although breaking it in would be rough.

13. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Well-Known Member

Gustin is deleted my post on their forum a few times so why not bug here too :) Just gave my silks a hot soak to get the startch out and see how the shine stays and man or man silk is new to me the shmeell this stuff puts off is pungent seems to be dissipating as they dry but first silk item i have owned few searches seems silk can be a bit stinky any one has experience with this?

14. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

Hey Jason - when I soak raw denim that I haven't worn much I usually get a pretty distinct starchy odor from it as I haven't worn any of that off the fabric. Are you getting something different? Can be pretty potent (varies by fabric too) but should go away. Feel to PM me with updates on it.

15. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

The smell that comes post-soaking raws is absolutely horrendous the first few times, but it goes away as your raws get less and less starch. Totally normal, and one of the various reasons that once-washed denim is more widely sold among the general population.

BTW, Gustin folks, any word on how the loomstates are coming along? Have they hit sewing yet?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  16. JasonYeckel

JasonYeckel Well-Known Member

I think its the fabric to be honest i have never owned silk so no idea but i have soaked your and others raw denim before not a tone but this smell is like hay/farm.
    True and not true depends on the person i think i just don't like the smell of this "dirt-noil" that can be in silk just took me by surprise i think they will be fine. From a distance is fine just when i stick my nose in a jean leg can i get a wif off it old man thought it had a hay smell as well told me to stop complaining :)

17. hardisty17

hardisty17 Well-Known Member

Just put on my Japan blue oxford and I am very pleased. Perfect weight for winter and a nice trim fit, but not as tight like a band of outsiders shirt. I especially like the arm holes that allow a lot of movement but are still slim. For reference, I am 6 ft 180 lbs and ordered a medium. I am about to pick up the white oxford. Awesome job.

18. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Hey team Gustin, any update on the Super Heavy Slubs that are set to go out in December?

19. flatspotting

flatspotting Well-Known Member

Or the first set of LoomStates also set to ship December!

20. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Loomstates on sewing floor per gustin

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013