1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. JayS23

JayS23 New Member

Is there a chance of you guys making a slimmer fit. I love my Gustins, the construction is amazing, but I wish they had a smaller leg opening.

2. Andre Lo

Andre Lo New Member

Yes, fits perfectly in the seat/thighs/calves but knees and ankle parts are too loose.

3. JayS23

JayS23 New Member

Yes exactly. I'd love if they had a fit similar to APC petit new standard.

I was just reading through the thread and a skinnier fit has been brought up a lot so hopefully we will get one soon!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  4. wunnaz

wunnaz Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Slim Fit? it seems quite small already for Slim Fit, those aren't skinny fit.

5. JayS23

JayS23 New Member

Huh? Lots of people throughout the thread have asked for a skinnier fit

6. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Well-Known Member

Hey Gustin:

Any chance you guys will get into ultra-heavy denim any time soon? 20 oz plus? Thanks and excited for my first pair to arrive soon!

7. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

My first pair were Cone Broken Weaves ordered in July and delivered early August and I really like them.

8. Gunky

Gunky Well-Known Member

how is the shirt sizing for tall thin guys? The medium measurements look great on chest/neck but I am worried it may be short on me and having a slender build and long legs...short shirts look horrible. Do the oxfords shrink at all?

9. lbrig

lbrig Well-Known Member

I would hold off then. I'm 6'5" and the large is fairly short. Maybe I'm imagining it but I think someone mentioned possibly getting a long fit sometime in the future.

10. fourspin

fourspin Well-Known Member

I should be receiving my #81's in a few weeks. I have an inseam between 31-32", so I will definitely need to get them hemmed. Any suggestions on the proper length for jeans? I find that if hem pants to short, they look stubby, while too long looks messy. Let's see some pictures of the perfect drape.

11. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1" 160 and pretty slim. I take a medium in most stuff and got a large in the cobalt blue flannel. It fits pretty well in the shoulders, and the sleeve length is good out of the box. I need to try it on again post-wash to see if there's any shrinkage.

The body is pretty billowy, but I'm going to have a tailor sew down the box pleat, which is a relatively cheap and easy fix.

If the final product works out, I'd love to see some heavyweight flannels down the line.

FWIW, I was expecting the check pattern to be a bit larger. It's a bit difficult to gauge the size of the pattern on a shirt with only a picture of the fabric sample. Maybe add a ruler to the fabric swatch picture to give some idea of scale?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  12. Gunky

Gunky Well-Known Member

Thanks man for the info would love to know if it shrank and how length fits.

13. BernieIsMyCat

BernieIsMyCat Well-Known Member

My Japan Blue Oxford has been washed many times (in cold water) and did not shrink at all.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  14. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Well-Known Member

Just discovered Gustin, and I'm very intrigued. I'm super impressed by the business model and I'm curious to see where you guys go. I'm wondering if you guys are planning to re-run the Natural anytime soon and if duck is anywhere on your radar.

15. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member

I'm literally holding a natural selvedge duck canvas in my hands right now.

1 person likes this.
  16. scottgunsndrums

scottgunsndrums Member

Got smoked on the BlueXBlack. Thought I was refreshing the site fast enough... Doh! How long were they up?

17. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member

They lasted about 20 seconds

18. scottgunsndrums

scottgunsndrums Member

I'm determined to make those my first pair... So I'll keep watching. Impulses be damned!

19. JayS23

JayS23 New Member

Mr. Gustin, plans of a skinnier fit at all??

20. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

I should just give you guys my bank account so you can make automatic withdrawals. Any clue of timeframe?