1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. EPrest90

EPrest90 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, just impatient. Thinking about treating it with obenaufs to speed it up

2. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1" 160, and I wear a large in both (whereas I'm a medium in most stuff). I need a large in Epaulet for both the sleeve length and the chest size. I need a large in Gustin just for the sleeve length. The chest is bigger, the shoulders are maybe a hair broader, and the body is definitely roomier on the Gustin shirt.

3. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Awesome this is very helpful.

4. rnguy001

rnguy001 Well-Known Member

@IrateCustomer - looking good. What size shirt do you wear ? I'm 5'11 180. I wear a jcrew medium slim. I've heard go medium but a fair number have recommended large as well

5. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

@rnguy001

If you wear a slim Medium in J Crew, I'd stick with Medium in this as well. That's what I did. I have 33.5" arm length, 18" shoulders, and a 40" chest for reference. If you have very similar numbers I'd say you're good with Medium. The armholes are cut rather high, so if your chest is any bigger, you might do better with a large. Just some thoughts.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  6. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

I'm the same height and weight and I wear a medium. It fits slim so I keep it out of the dryer. I'm also pretty muscular up top, not sure what your build is.

7. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

Same build basically. I use cold/cold, hand wash settings for the washer and hang dry.

8. rnguy001

rnguy001 Well-Known Member

Sounds good boys. I'm going to go with the medium. Sounds like we're all similar builds - this helps a lot. Thanks again

9. clew

clew Active Member

If you are actually muscular up top, you should go large. 180-190, 5'11 40 jacket. Just got my first shirt. Snug fit, not a lifter just athletic.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  10. Keen

Keen Well-Known Member

Good to know, received my tall this week and it seems to fit great (only tried it on real quick tho).

11. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

I think a Gustin small is very close to an Epaulet medium. I own both and think both fit well. Epaulet shirts have a bit more taper thanks to the darts but they are the same in the chest and shoulders.

12. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

Hey prozach, can you comment on the quality of Epaulet shirts vs. Gustin's. I only have some belts and tees from Epaulet, which are a great value for the quality, but never tried any of their shirts.

13. prozach1576

I only own one Gustin shirt, but I think it's both nicer and, due to the significantly lower price, a much better value. Epaulet shirts have a great fit and they choose good fabrics, but for me they aren't worth the price (not hating on Epaulet though...lots of their stuff is a killer value, especially their bottoms).

14. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

Good to know, thanks. Per their trousers, I've heard as much so I'll have to give them a try.

15. mrstarks

mrstarks Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Just a quick question, has anyone had any problems with Gustin's customer service?
    I recently received a Japan black x black in a W32 which I received about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, waist was fine but the legs were tighter than anticipated (compared the measurements to my RRL Slim fit W32). Anyway in the process of waiting for the store credit, I missed out a potential alternate and still I haven't heard back from them.

Are they usually this late with comms? Im getting a bit irritated with it all.

16. joshgustin

joshgustin Well-Known Member

PM me the email you use for your Gustin account and I'll figure out what's going on. Sorry for any delay.

17. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

So basically if Small in EPNY order XS in Gustin.

18. mrstarks

mrstarks Well-Known Member

hi Josh, I have just sent it. thanks

19. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Anyone order Moss Brown Check #55 shirt. Would like to see how it turned out.

[​IMG]

20. prozach1576

really regret not ordering this one...easily my favorite check they've run and I hope it comes back