1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by joshgustin, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Well-Known Member

Given my lard ass top block & the need of a 36 waist, skinny never works & straights with 9.5in hems bother the shit out of me. Fricken bell bottoms man

2. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Well-Known Member

My brown chinos just shipped. I feel like 4 months from campaign closing to ship date is longer than it should be.

3. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Well-Known Member

I'd support a slim straight, although, I'd like the rise to be as high as the straights so maybe we're not on the same page there. The slim fits me well as it is. Hopefully, they're working on another fit in the slim-straight area.

4. sangiuseppe

sangiuseppe Well-Known Member

I would be one

5. sangiuseppe

sangiuseppe Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem

6. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Well-Known Member

Yes and yes.

I'd love a combo of straight fit up top with tapered leg.

7. DsRyan23

DsRyan23 Well-Known Member

Haha, it's funny seeing many others now talk about having a fit between the slim and the straight. I have been talking about this for months, have made numerous posts both on here and on the Gustin website, as well as emailed most of the Gustin staff. I think I made a strong argument and really good suggestion on the perfect fit. Hopefully they do it, because I would buy a lot more of their jeans if I didn't have to go through so much trouble making them fit the way I wanted them to.

1 person likes this.
  8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

I can't stop eating cronuts. Honestly. At the pace I'm eating these things, If nothing is done, I'm going to be wearing sweatpants that can accommodate my fat ass and teeny bopper ankles. Please gustin, don't let me me that fat guy eating donuts in his sweatpants

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. goldenbear

goldenbear Well-Known Member

Thats what Im talking about. Ive never got the point of a low rise jean for men anyway. The public doesnt need a glimpse of my underwear or God knows what else.

10. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

for those of you that own the waxed trucker jacket, could you give me a sense of fit? I'm 5'11, 180 lbs, and ordered the size large. what's size do you wear in relation to your weight/height?

11. epc2

epc2 Well-Known Member

Another vote for straight fit with narrower LO.

12. grendel

grendel Well-Known Member

Well, I would have bought at least one pair if a cut with tapered leg and wide enough thighs was offered.

13. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with making high-rise jeans with a bit of a taper. I didn’t particularly like the measurements on either models, but I eventually decided to go for it and size down on a straight cut…. And I’ll see how that works out in October… In the meantime, knowing my measurements, I would like jeans with a high rise and more taper than the straight… Thanks

14. clew

clew Active Member

Yes, a bit more taper at the bottom of the straights would be much much better...in fact they dont even need a new name, just an evolution the current dimensions

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

Yes, a slim-straight cut is what I want too.

From the knee down, the Gustin slim is great for me. From the knee up, the Gustin straight is the best-fitting pair of jeans I've ever owned.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  16. MetManChris

MetManChris Well-Known Member

I wear a S in the shirts, but a M in the trucker jacket. I originally ordered the jacket in small, but it was super tight in the chest, and too short in the sleeves for me.

17. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

When will we see some new chino fabrics? I am definitely looking forward to ordering another pair.

18. grendel

How much will the thighs stretch? I'm wondering if I could do the slim cut. My waist is about 34" but my thighs are just over 23" each and my calves are around 15.5". The slim 33 would have a 33.5" waist with 22.9" thighs, 16" knee, and 15" at the cuff. I'd probably need the thighs to stretch .5-1" (since they'd be tighter sitting down).

19. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

Grendel, I wouldn't go near the slims with those measurements. Even if they do stretch in the thighs, they are still going to be constrictive. Stick with the straights mah brutha. By the way, what are you feeding your calves? Small children?

20. grendel

LOL I've always had big legs and I've been doing lots of leg presses and calf raises this year.

I guess I'll just wait and see if they'll come out with a slim straight cut. I don't really want to have a 9" leg opening or have to get them slimmed down. Thanks!