1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Guns? (do you carry?) revived

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by drizzt3117, Aug 4, 2006.

1. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

That guy can handle a shotgun.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nice shootin', Tex.

4. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I did that once. Difference was I used my feet to shoot. I guess if you want to make it easier you can use your hands.

5. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

This thread has inspired me to finish my application for a premises permit. They say the NYPD usually takes 8 or 9 months to approve them, so come April or May, I should have something on topic to add to this thread.

6. edmorel

This thread has inspired me to finish my application for a premises permit. They say the NYPD usually takes 8 or 9 months to approve them, so come April or May, I should have something on topic to add to this thread.

Is a permit necessary in NY/NJ to carry one of those gun-like Tasers?

7. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

Those are banned. So far as I know, you can't even get a permit for them.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

one little bit of advice - do not break into the house of that guy. anybody who can fire 12 shotgun rounds in a second and a half, and does skeet shooting with golf balls, I would avoid.

9. globetrotter

Is a permit necessary in NY/NJ to carry one of those gun-like Tasers?

ed, those have all of the faults and none of the benifits of a handgun. you would be better served with the right gas, or an expandable baton.

10. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

one little bit of advice - do not break into the house of that guy. anybody who can fire 12 shotgun rounds in a second and a half, and does skeet shooting with golf balls, I would avoid.
    Yes, but how would he fare against a BJJ practitioner? [​IMG]

11. edmorel

ed, those have all of the faults and none of the benifits of a handgun. you would be better served with the right gas, or an expandable baton.

What is this gas you speak of young man?

I'm not totally against a gun as I would have no issue blowing away someone who was causing a threat to me and my family, I just would not want to deal with all the subsequent headaches and worry. Something that would incapacitate someone temporarily is fine and if it causes them to wet their pants or release their bowels, that would be an added bonus [​IMG]

12. globetrotter

Yes, but how would he fare against a BJJ practitioner? [​IMG]

no question - everybody knows that they don't teach skeet shooters ground work, and there is nothing in the world, including twelve 12 guage rounds at short range, that can stop a bjj practitioner, from shooting. [​IMG]

13. globetrotter

What is this gas you speak of young man?

I'm not totally against a gun as I would have no issue blowing away someone who was causing a threat to me and my family, I just would not want to deal with all the subsequent headaches and worry. Something that would incapacitate someone temporarily is fine and if it causes them to wet their pants or release their bowels, that would be an added bonus [​IMG]

this is what I have in the house

http://www.defensedevices.com/foxlabonepou.html

and this is what Ihave in my pocket

http://www.defensedevices.com/aspkeydefender.html

14. edmorel

15. globetrotter

Thanks. I'll have to have one of my Jersey cronies buy it since they do not ship to NY. Of course, I have no intention of carrying or using this product within NY borders. [​IMG]

ed, just a disclaimer - the idea of gas is not to end a fight, it is to create a situation where the attacker is extremly preoccupied. all movies to the contrary, almost nobody will continue to fight when hit with a good burst of gas, but they don't go to sleep, either. but then you have a massive advantage over him, espectially since you just want him to go away. a small basball bat in the house is the perfect complementary product to a canister of gas - once a person is that preoccupied, hitting a home run with his knee is pretty simple stuff.

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

ed, just a disclaimer - the idea of gas is not to end a fight, it is to create a situation where the attacker is extremly preoccupied. all movies to the contrary, almost nobody will continue to fight when hit with a good burst of gas, but they don't go to sleep, either. but then you have a massive advantage over him, espectially since you just want him to go away. a small basball bat in the house is the perfect complementary product to a canister of gas - once a person is that preoccupied, hitting a home run with his knee is pretty simple stuff.

A .45 ACP round works pretty well after gas as well. That's one of the reasons I have area pepper spray also.

17. globetrotter

A .45 ACP round works pretty well after gas as well. That's one of the reasons I have area pepper spray also.

that would be another discussion[​IMG]

18. alois

alois Member

I know brass knuckles are illegal but does anyone know what would happen if you got caught with some one you?

19. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Well-Known Member

I know brass knuckles are illegal but does anyone know what would happen if you got caught with some one you?

Ummm, maybe you'd get prosecuted?