1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

GTF in HERE if you're sick of the "LeBron Sweepstakes"

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Davidko19, Jul 1, 2010.

1. SField

SField Well-Known Member

http://www.nba.com/history/50greatest.html

Where is Horace Grant?

Dream did NOT have sampson or drexler when he won his first title. Get your history straight. You Lebron apologists are forced to lie because the truth reveals that your emperor has no clothes. Oh, and BTW, Dream's second title was won with a 47-35 sixth seed team that had Drexler on the downside of his career. Lebron couldn't do it with a 66 win team. ROFL. No heart.

Can you fucking read? I said "fuck horace grant", as in, ok forget him. When did he have a Pippen, or an O'Neal.

Dream played on very good teams in 94 and 95. Horry was on fucking fire, Otis Thorpe was an all-star, Elie (clutch as hell, kiss of death anyone?) until he left.... I mean come on man.

Lebron was never on any of these kinds of teams. I can guarantee that next year he's going to put up monster stats and you'll eat your words.

2. rolling green

rolling green Well-Known Member

Living next to Toni Kukoc I've spent many hours picking his brain. Whenever I asked him about jordan you could see the competitive side of Toni wanting to say something bad (jealous) about MJ but never could. He definitely made it clear that MJ was a great leader and always lived up to the pressure.

Sure MJ had pip and hogrant but do you remember how bad pip and hogrant were? I remember reading many articles and interviews with bulls team mates crying how MJ was too tough on them. Even Bill Cartwright said that and believe me bill's a tough dude. Fights would break out in practice because MJ meant business. Bottom line is MJ made his team mates better whether they like to admit it or not. He pushed them hard and would not let them lose. Would jordan be jordan without pip, grant? Of course not but I promise you pip and grant would hardly be all stars without MJ.

Honestly, Lebron has yet to prove anything except the fact that he quit on his team. This entire conversation or argument is pointless because Lebron at this point has ABSOLUTELY nothing to stand on. He's done nothing in the watered down NBA and he's obviously not a leader. He's a spoiled child in a freak of nature body. His legacy has yet to be written but I think we can all agree on one thing, MJ would never quit or take the easy way out.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

did you hear the interview lebron had this weeekend? he said "not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..." when asked how many championships you will get, at least one?

dude, just be modest and say, "we'll do our best to get miami it's next championship" that's all you have to say. what a turd.

4. twotrey

twotrey Well-Known Member

I laugh at all the Lebron hate. People rag on him for lacking a championship...

I have seen Lebron James play in person about 20 times in various cities. He has the ability to completely take over a game... When people question his "drive" or "leadership" I honestly have to wonder wtf they are talking about. Do you know Lebron or something?

I am not a LeBron fan simply because I don't like his style of play. But there is no denying he is one of the greatest today. He can be unstoppable.

However, watching Cleveland's last playoff game, the look of fear in his eyes shows that despite his immense power and talent he has little heart when it matters most.

My only question is: why is he so scared? It's just basketball...

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Ok fuck Horace Grant. Scotty Fucking Pippen, top 50 of all time on any list.
    No, fuck you! Pippen/Grant was the best two player combo on NBA Jam TE motherfucker.

6. BDC2823

BDC2823 Well-Known Member

did you hear the interview lebron had this weeekend? he said "not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..." when asked how many championships you will get, at least one?

dude, just be modest and say, "we'll do our best to get miami it's next championship" that's all you have to say. what a turd.

Agreed. May want to get the first one before talking about getting so many.

7. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

No, fuck you! Pippen/Grant was the best two player combo on NBA Jam TE motherfucker.

Pippen was the best in NBA Jam but Grant was a fucking joke. Couldn't hit a three for his life. It was a one-man team. Best teams on original NBA Jam were

1) Sacramento - Tisdale and Richmond. Yeah I wouldn't think it either, but they were sick from 3.
    2) Charlotte - Johnson & Mourning. Somehow both of these guys could nail threes as well.

Trick was getting two players who could nail it from long range without one of them being the 5'5" midget characte (e.g. Skiles).

8. kwilkinson

Pippen was the best in NBA Jam but Grant was a fucking joke. Couldn't hit a three for his life. It was a one-man team. Best teams on original NBA Jam were

1) Sacramento - Tisdale and Richmond. Yeah I wouldn't think it either, but they were sick from 3.
    2) Charlotte - Johnson & Mourning. Somehow both of these guys could nail threes as well.

Trick was getting two players who could nail it from long range without one of them being the 5'5" midget characte (e.g. Skiles).

Sorry, but you are obviously out of your element here.

9. MetroStyles

Sorry, but you are obviously out of your element here.

Lol, I was probably the best NBA Jam player of my generation. I can't be stopped. And yes, I used Pippen/Grant just for Pippen alone. But in a real 2-player game (not against CPU), you needed two good shooters.

The fact that you don't know that shows you are STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha.

10. kwilkinson

Lol, I was probably the best NBA Jam player of my generation. I can't be stopped. And yes, I used Pippen/Grant just for Pippen alone. But in a real 2-player game (not against CPU), you needed two good shooters.

The fact that you don't know that shows you are STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha.

[​IMG] As if my week wasn't bad enough already, you had to drop this shit on me. I thought we were bros, bro.

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

Can people stop replying to bdbb already? Do you really think it's worth your time?

Living next to Toni Kukoc I've spent many hours picking his brain. Whenever I asked him about jordan you could see the competitive side of Toni wanting to say something bad (jealous) about MJ but never could. He definitely made it clear that MJ was a great leader and always lived up to the pressure.

Sure MJ had pip and hogrant but do you remember how bad pip and hogrant were? I remember reading many articles and interviews with bulls team mates crying how MJ was too tough on them. Even Bill Cartwright said that and believe me bill's a tough dude. Fights would break out in practice because MJ meant business. Bottom line is MJ made his team mates better whether they like to admit it or not. He pushed them hard and would not let them lose. Would jordan be jordan without pip, grant? Of course not but I promise you pip and grant would hardly be all stars without MJ.

Honestly, Lebron has yet to prove anything except the fact that he quit on his team. This entire conversation or argument is pointless because Lebron at this point has ABSOLUTELY nothing to stand on. He's done nothing in the watered down NBA and he's obviously not a leader. He's a spoiled child in a freak of nature body. His legacy has yet to be written but I think we can all agree on one thing, MJ would never quit or take the easy way out.

It's hilarious how your first paragraph is at least somewhat interesting, if not insightful, when your middle paragraph starts indecipherable and quickly becomes inane, while your final paragraph is full of hyperbole, stupidity, and poor logic.

12. bdbb

bdbb Well-Known Member

Can people stop replying to bdbb already? Do you really think it's worth your time?
    Agreed. Trying to defend Lebitch is a poor use of time. http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....iamis_cou.html

13. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

i fully endorse hijacking this threak and turning it into an NBA Jam discussion

my favorite team was the Jazz (Stockton/Malone) but i do see Metro's point about not using midgets. i also enjoyed playing the Rockets and trying to kill dunkers with Hakeem

14. MetroStyles

i fully endorse hijacking this threak and turning it into an NBA Jam discussion

my favorite team was the Jazz (Stockton/Malone) but i do see Metro's point about not using midgets. i also enjoyed playing the Rockets and trying to kill dunkers with Hakeem

You are clearly the Argentina to my Spain. You play the beautiful game, I play to win. Threes from the corner x infinity.

15. suited

suited Well-Known Member

Again, tell me a time when MJ, Dream, Bird, Kobe, etc have whined about "the pressure."

Were any of those players stuck in Cleveland Ohio?

16. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

You are clearly the Argentina to my Spain. You play the beautiful game, I play to win. Threes from the corner x infinity.
    i was pretty decent at blocking threes though

17. MetroStyles

i was pretty decent at blocking threes though

Great skill to have, but the trick is to make sure the three is unblockable (i.e. go for a special dunk, drawing two defenders, and pass to open man right before slamming it home).

I can tell from the cut of your jib that you are a grizzled veteran. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd set up an online emulator two-player game between us, for old times sake.

18. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

19. bdbb

bdbb Well-Known Member

Just wanted to stop back by and taunt everyone who disagreed with me.

ROFL @ Lebitch, the classic beta male who has led his self-assembled team of superstars to a 9-8 record.

20. MetroStyles

Can we please go back to the NBA Jam discussion? I was having so much fun.