1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Groomswear for night reception: 3 piece suit vs 3 piece tux?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aegiszero, Sep 8, 2012.

Groomswear for 7pm reception?

1. 3 piece suit (MTM Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald- Navy)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3 piece tux (Indochino)

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. aegiszero

aegiszero New Member

Hey guys, was hoping for some advice. I'm the groom at an evening reception (7PM; wedding is ethnic and earlier in the day). I have a nice MTM navy suit (Brooks Brothers 1818 Fitzgerald) that I could add a vest to, or I was thinking about getting a 3 piece tuxedo from indochino. Any thoughts/suggestions? Didnt see this specific question in search. Thanks!

2. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

You can add a vest in the same fabric? Or you'd get it in a different fabric?

How long until the wedding?

3. aegiszero

aegiszero New Member

I can get the vest in the same fabric as well. The wedding is in December. Thanks for the quick reply!

4. unbelragazzo

Getting a vest in the same fabric might be risky - even if it's the "same" sometimes if it's from a different batch color can be different.

You're kinda cutting it too close to rely on an indochino tux IMHO. A lot of folks have to send theirs back to get redone, sometimes multiple times.

5. emc894

emc894 Well-Known Member

Well either way backup is 2 piece Navy suit you already have so not too much risk. I personally would probably go with navy suit and satin tie, unless most guests were in suits or wife was in something very black tie appropriate.

6. unbelragazzo

You just risk having to pay for a tux that you're getting for this specific occasion and might not have much other occasion for...