1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

grey suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Amir95, Apr 21, 2014.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

2. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

I suspect that you are correct - it is a dreadful nonsense as you rightly say.

3. Amir95

Amir95 Member

And to add something ... the suit doesnt fit this guy really good but it doesnt matter I am just interested does this combination work? thanks

4. Amir95

Amir95 Member

5. The_Foxx

Tie sucks, looks like a solid red satin shiny finish tie-- you can do better. Other than that, looks fine to me! Feel free to swap white shirt with a white with fine light blue stripe, but nothing wrong with a clean white shirt. I will quietly hope it is a wide spread/ cutaway collar shirt.

Here's another look/ nice take on a light gray suit-- wish your suit didn't have that stripe of cloth on the collar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  6. Amir95

Amir95 Member

yea those stripes on collar suck... does it matter if I take the navy blue tie I have because of the stripes on the collar ?

7. The_Foxx

I hope for next suit u avoid details like those-- can limit the use of the suit and combos. I'd take a very good look thru suitsupply (nearby store or online order)-- but given the ? Black ? Fabric stripes on the collar, afraid I have no good advice from my knowledge/ experience level

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  8. cbbuff

cbbuff Well-Known Member

You really should read a lot here before you buy anything else. You can do much, much better.

1 person likes this.
  9. cbbuff

cbbuff Well-Known Member

At the risk of going off topic, what do you wear if you don't have a full rig? Or do you just not attend, despite the face that many, many others will likely be in suits as well.

10. Amir95

Amir95 Member

yea the stripes are black and I dont know should I wear navy blue tie or not ... If you look closely buttons are blue but still I am not sure :(

11. Amir95

Amir95 Member

Yea, got alot to learn

12. Amir95

Amir95 Member

Could some1 help me with these stripes on collar .. I dont know if i should wear navy blue tie with this suit, becouse i want brown shoes .. could some1 help?

13. Amir95

Amir95 Member

14. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

You hire it.

15. RandomGentleman

RandomGentleman Member

You said the stripes are black, right? You don't have to wear a black tie just because of black stripes. Just chill about it. Navy and black certainly don't clash, so wear it, and be confident that it will look fine.
    Wear a navy or red tie, not black, and brown shoes, and rock it.

16. Amir95

Amir95 Member

So will it be.. thank you for the advice and support

1 person likes this.