1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Grensons at Bennie's

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by markr, Nov 20, 2004.

1. markr

markr Well-Known Member

1. Â Wondering if anyone knows the name of the middle shoe in this pic (ie the apron lace-up). Â I would like to search for other photos of this style before I order it. [​IMG] 2. Â Bennie's website says they only give store credit for returns. Â Could I sell store credit to a member of this forum for face value? 3. Â What's the word on Cheaney's -- good value? Â I saw these on Pedi-wear. [​IMG]

2. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Well-Known Member

We give credit for sales, not store credit, if you return a product, you get your money back.

3. markr

markr Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris. I must've still been half asleep when I misread the policy on your website this morning.

4. Ed13

Ed13 Well-Known Member

If you are asking about the 2nd shoe from the right it is very nice. Someone at work ordered a pair in dark brown and when I saw them I also ordered a pair in my size. Heavy leather with the ridgeway sole. They look like they will be very durable for a casual shoe. I think they are a great deal for the price.

5. markr

markr Well-Known Member

Thanks Ed. Two questions about the shoes -- 1) hard to tell from the photo, but they look like they might have a bit of a reddish tinge to them -- is that accurate? and 2) are the sizes US or UK (ie, if I wear a 10.5 US, should I be ordering Grensons labelled as 10.5)?

6. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Well-Known Member

It has a slight red tint, and the sizes are US

7. soccemel

soccemel Member

two things--1) they seem to be cut on the slender side, I had to go up a halfsize and 2) any word on that new shipment of Grensons? despite the slenderness, I love 'em. [​IMG]