1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Grenson Footmaster Recommendations

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Infinite42, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Infinite42

Infinite42 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, I am a new member that has been reading the forum for a little over a month. There are currently seven pairs of Grenson Footmasters in my size on ebay from one seller, so I was hoping for some opinions as to which pair (or possibly two) would be most appropriate for me. I'm a new law school graduate (bar exam concluded just yesterday, thank goodness) and have a few interviews in the near future, so I am looking for shoes for those, as well as for every day at the office. I should also note that I am a size 8.5E in AE. Thanks in advance to those offering any kind of opinion. Here is the link to the seller's auctions:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZ2...onshoesQQhtZ-1

2. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

The captoes and brogues in black should be fine for interviews or work. The darker browns might work depending on the environment of your firm. I would say that 95GBP is not a great deal for Grenson footmasters and the seller's claim that they retail for 250GBP is definitely inflated.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, I am a new member that has been reading the forum for a little over a month. There are currently seven pairs of Grenson Footmasters in my size on ebay from one seller, so I was hoping for some opinions as to which pair (or possibly two) would be most appropriate for me. I'm a new law school graduate (bar exam concluded just yesterday, thank goodness) and have a few interviews in the near future, so I am looking for shoes for those, as well as for every day at the office. I should also note that I am a size 8.5E in AE. Thanks in advance to those offering any kind of opinion. Here is the link to the seller's auctions:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZ2...onshoesQQhtZ-1

good shoes, roughly equivalent to AE. but in my experience, i would go down a full size, not a half size. fyi, black dress shoes should be the only choice for law firm interviews.

the seller appears to be engaged in some puffing. footmasters used to retail around 130-170 gbp.

4. Infinite42

Thanks, I had no conception of how much these retailed for. I have a pair of serviceable AEs for interviews, so I'm in no rush to settle on anything just yet.

5. Infinite42

good shoes, roughly equivalent to AE. but in my experience, i would go down a full size, not a half size.
    Also, is this in regards to Grensons in particular?

6. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

No, it varies. I go down a half size between my US AE size and my UK Grenson size.