1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Great Shoes to Wear with Casual Khakis

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sunman42000, Apr 5, 2009.

1. sunman42000

sunman42000 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    I feel like so many elements of my style are down. I have a couple of great suits, excellent shoes to wear with them. Some german army trainers for the summer along with boat shoes. However, my job is standard business casual, and i don't feel like i have a shoe for daily wear. When weather permits I'll be wearing my boat shoes with Khakis, but can you guys post some links of some shoes i can wear with Khakis on a regular basis?

thanks in advance

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Dirty bucks? Desert boots? Chelseas? Light suede loafers? Two-eyelet bluchers in lighter shades of brown?

3. sunman42000

^ Any particular bucks or bluchers you can link me to?

4. DocHolliday

Do you have a desired price range?

I actually have some Bass bucks I bought on deep discount ($16) that have held up great. They're gluejobs, but the suede has lasted a few summers now, and if they gave up the ghost tomorrow I wouldn't feel ripped off.

5. sunman42000

6. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

7. DocHolliday

I have J. Crew bucks similar to those. They're really not bad for what they are. I consider white bucks, and to a lesser degree dirty bucks, somewhat disposable, so I don't feel the need to pay top dollar for them. If they're welted, and the nap looks decent, I'm usually pretty happy.

As for bucks with khakis, I wouldn't want an exact match of shoe and trou, but I like low-contrast, light-colored clothes in the summer. Pale blue shirt, light-colored belt, khakis, dirty bucks, done.

8. sunman42000

can you show me what 'dirty bucks' are?

9. DocHolliday

10. pdial

pdial Well-Known Member

Dirty bucks? Desert boots? Chelseas? Light suede loafers? Two-eyelet bluchers in lighter shades of brown?

Wouldn't all of those work just as well with jeans?

11. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, to a lesser degree yes, yes, ok. I'll add any other type if chukkas beyond just desert boots and classic loafers - I prefer the Alden LHS cordovan.

Wouldn't all of those work just as well with jeans?

Yes!

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

I have J. Crew bucks similar to those. They're really not bad for what they are. I consider white bucks, and to a lesser degree dirty bucks, somewhat disposable, so I don't feel the need to pay top dollar for them. If they're welted, and the nap looks decent, I'm usually pretty happy.

As for bucks with khakis, I wouldn't want an exact match of shoe and trou, but I like low-contrast, light-colored clothes in the summer. Pale blue shirt, light-colored belt, khakis, dirty bucks, done.

+1 good advice.. The JCrew ones last a couple of years of summer wear and I toss them.. Not bad for what are now a sub $100 shoe..

13. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, to a lesser degree yes, yes, ok. I'll add any other type if chukkas beyond just desert boots and classic loafers - I prefer the Alden LHS cordovan.

Yes!

...esp burgundy color...

14. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Well-Known Member

how about these... i have a pair, nice boots, with the worst, cheapest sole, even the morning dew would soak through. I got them re-soled at the late, great B Nelson w/ rubber Vibram and have had no problems

[​IMG]

John Varvatos Aged Ankle boots

15. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

16. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

how about these... i have a pair, nice boots, with the worst, cheapest sole, even the morning dew would soak through. I got them re-soled at the late, great B Nelson w/ rubber Vibram and have had no problems

I like these better:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

17. TBSDSpaniard

TBSDSpaniard Well-Known Member