1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

great luck!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seanandnik, Mar 19, 2005.

1. seanandnik

seanandnik Well-Known Member

I was looking for a new casual linen sportcoat for the spring/summer. I found some fabric I liked at Online Suits, so I went thru the process of measuring myself for the website and placed my order. About a 1/2 hour later I get a cell phone call, it is the tailor from the webite, it turns out he is 7 miles away in a hotel on his tour of North America. He asks if I would like to be measured by him and to see some swatches of fabric not available online. So I get to the hotel an hour later and he remembers me from a cashmere suit I had ordered a year ago. I ended up with 6 shirts and a sportcoat. I got 2 Pure Linen casual, soft collared shirts, 2 pure cotton in cool summer check and stripe. A Egyptian cotton and a Swiss cotton shirt, all casual with soft collar. I asked for MOP buttons, but they only had fake MOP, so I settled for them, I can always have them changed. The sportcoat I wanted a tan with cream stripes pure linen, I also wanted it 1/4 lined, very loose/comfortable,(working sleeve buttons we're a whole $10 more, so I splurged) single breasted, 3 button. They said it would take a little longer than usual, 3-4 weeks. how long did it usually take 1-2 weeks ? anyways he is sending me a shirt firdt to check fit/details and then the rest after tweeks. Oh, ya, I almost forgot the best part, $500 for everything. Believe that? they are in Bangkok and you get an awful lot for your dollar there I guess. Some of the other sites we're @$300 per shirt. So I will let you know how iw turns out when I get the 1st shirt. Online Suits is the website and they are pretty flexable, just ask and they can pretty much do anything, it is a little family owned tailor shop so I guess the service is one on one.