1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gravity (10.19.2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, May 9, 2013.

1. ad_infinitum

ad_infinitum Well-Known Member

Did we watch the same movie? This was really bad. Terrible in fact. Insulting to anyone's intellect. Cliche plot, full of stupid stereotypes, unconvincing and quasi deep.

Is there something wrong with me, or did anyone else feel this way?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. jingzhonglise

jingzhonglise New Member

Loved the score too. One of the few movies that I have seen that had the experience enhanced by 3D. When it gets released officially I plan to see it again at IMAX.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  3. SchwererGustav

SchwererGustav Well-Known Member

Have you fellows seen the "Aningaaq" short that makes the companion-piece to the movie? It features the Inuit that was speaking to Dr. Stone over the radio:

[​IMG]

4. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

It was worth the price of admission for the visuals. Sandra Bullock could have knit a sweater for two hours for all I care, as long as I still got to see space stations explode. Did you watch in a shitty quality theatre?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

There is a lot of Oscar buzz around this short too. It could be the first time a movie and then a short that was spun off from the same movie were nominated for an Academy Award. Not to mention the father/son connection between the two films.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Do you watch a lot of movies? Sure there were some problems with Gravity but there was a film released this past summer with giant robots battling giant monsters. It's all a matter of perspective.

7. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

Oooooooooo jimmy Wilson has a crush on George clooney. Ooooo

1 person likes this.
  8. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.