1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Got my first pair

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackplatano, Aug 24, 2006.

1. blackplatano

blackplatano Well-Known Member

So i got my first pair of raw jeans on tuesday. APC rescues size 30. I like the fit the way it is now and don't want them to stretch. Will the shape change or only the stress areas? I will go hem them down to a size 32 since they might shrink after the first wash. If not i would go with 30. 32 or 30?
    Creases are starting to show (i went biking) and it looks like the honeycombs will be spaced out. Is there a way to tighten up the honeycombs?

PS. LAGUY: i loved the very technical explanation for my temp.ban.

2. someoneNew

someoneNew Well-Known Member

The title alone brought a smile to my face - congratulations!! [​IMG]

3. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

So i got my first pair of raw jeans on tuesday. APC rescues size 30. I like the fit the way it is now and don't want them to stretch. Will the shape change or only the stress areas? I will go hem them down to a size 32 since they might shrink after the first wash. If not i would go with 30. 32 or 30?
    Creases are starting to show (i went biking) and it looks like the honeycombs will be spaced out. Is there a way to tighten up the honeycombs?

Congrats.

PS - the hell are you talking about?

4. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Well-Known Member

Don't own APC's yet but I know I've seen a couple (putting it mildly) threads re: APC sizing.

As for tighter honeycombs, starch the back of your knees then sit at your PC with your knees bent as far back as they can go. Sit there till the starch dries completely.

That's how to get em the way you're describing - but I suggest against it. Let them form naturally man!!!

5. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

Yeah, it sounds like you're worrying too much about them - just wear them. It's really as simple as that. Really.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Heheh. Yeah, we just make up random crap. Anyway, welcome back.

7. blackplatano

blackplatano Well-Known Member

the questions are now irrelavent. i hemmed the jeans to 31 and looks and feels great. I just hope they don't stretch too much since i like the fit. Since they aren't skin tight and are fitted yet roomy, i think the stretching wont be that extreme.