1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gordon Yao, Bespoke Tailors - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by LA Guy, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Hi All, I’d like to introduce our latest affiliate, the venerable Gordon Yao Tailors of Hong Kong. The Yao tailoring tradition began in 1935, in Shanghai, and moved in the 1950s to the Miramar Hotel Arcade on Kimberly Street in Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong. The business is now located in Kowloon’s Five Star Royal Garden Hotel. Gordon Yao has a reputation as one of the top bespoke tailors in Hong Kong. This is their first foray into marketing on the internet, and Eric Yao will personally answer questions and give news about trips to Europe and North America. He has told me that they will be soon putting up pictures of their house style on their website (www.gordonyao.com), and also that their range of fabrics, including books by Holland and Sherry, Loro Piana, Scabal, and Ermenegildo Zegna. Appointments can also be made online. Please feel free to ask questions here or via email. Cheers, Fok. Gordon Yao, contact information. Shop 116, The Royal Garden Hotel, 69 Mody Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong E-mail: info@gordonyao.com Tel: (852)2730-1545 Fax: (852)2736-2311

2. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

Nice [​IMG] Welcome to the fold, Gordon Yao [​IMG]

3. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

Wow. Good to see him on the board.

4. Redwoood

Redwoood Well-Known Member

Yes, I can think of few affiliate additions to the forum that could be as welcome as this. [​IMG]

5. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

6. HitMan009

HitMan009 Well-Known Member

How are the prices now compared to other traveling HK Tailors?

7. dragon8

How are the prices now compared to other traveling HK Tailors?

His prices have gone up as well. His and WW Chan prices are very similiar.

8. silvermagenta

silvermagenta Well-Known Member

Is it true that Yao's house cut is full? I'm looking for something which hugs the shoulder and has a strong waist suppression.

9. Gordon Yao Tailors

Gordon Yao Tailors Well-Known Member

Thank you Fok for the introduction.

Hi Style Forum members,

We are very excited to be part of the Style Forum affiliates. As mentioned by Fok, we have been in the bespoke tailoring industry since 1935. We provide CMT and bespoke tailoring service to our clients. Our mission is to create a true bespoke suit for our clients to treasure and enjoy.

Some Style Forum members are with us for many years. Thank you very much for your continuous support. We've been quite passive in promoting our product and services in the past. Earlier this month, we have launched our beta website on the internet. The website is not yet completed. We'll be updating the images and we're in the progress of creating a style reference section, it shall be good for our potential clients to have a look at the suits we made.

I'll be updating our upcoming trip, new fabrics and accessories information in this thread. We'll be offering special promotions in the future for Style Forum member, so be sure to check this thread often.

Once again, we are very excited to be part of the community. We're looking forward to meet you in our shop in Hong Kong or in our upcoming trips.

Cheers,

Eric

10. Gordon Yao Tailors

Is it true that Yao's house cut is full? I'm looking for something which hugs the shoulder and has a strong waist suppression.

Hi silvermagenta,

We can custom made suit according to your preference and specification. We've done many suits in the past with various styles and requirements.

Cheers,

Eric

11. Yika

Yika Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

12. RogerC

RogerC Well-Known Member

Indeed welcome. One little question: which fabrics do you offer for suiting and shirting? I would be particularly interested in Harrison, Lesser, Minnis/Hardy and Fox, and Acorn for shirts.

13. Gordon Yao Tailors

Indeed welcome. One little question: which fabrics do you offer for suiting and shirting? I would be particularly interested in Harrison, Lesser, Minnis/Hardy and Fox, and Acorn for shirts.
    Hi RogerC, We currently offer fabrics from Holland and Sherry, Loro Piana, Scabal, and Ermenegildo Zegna for suits. We are in discussion to offer more fabrics from other mills. We'll annouce it here in the future. However, should you have any particular interest, please let me know and we'll work something out for you. Cheers, Eric

14. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

Just got a package from Gordon Yao in the mail yesterday with two new sport coats. They have always offered me excellent service and provided a high quality product. I definitely recommend them and am happy to see them here.

15. dragon8

4 suits from Yao and happy with them all. A gentleman in all respects.

16. Maccimus

Maccimus Well-Known Member

Any pictures, guys?

17. sellahi22

sellahi22 Well-Known Member

Hi RogerC,

We currently offer fabrics from Holland and Sherry, Loro Piana, Scabal, and Ermenegildo Zegna for suits. We are in discussion to offer more fabrics from other mills. We'll annouce it here in the future. However, should you have any particular interest, please let me know and we'll work something out for you.

Cheers,

Eric

Eric, welcome to SF.

I have been a satisfied customer of WW Chan for the past year. What helped me get over the uncertainties involved with long-distance bespoke tailoring was that on SF I was able to read dozens of in-depth reviews of previous customers' experiences with Chan (with pictures), together with long lists of tips and advice for how best to interact with their travelling cutters to achieve an ideal outcome.

(It was also very critical for me that Chan offers cloth from the mills/distributors most favored by Savile Row tailors as well as this and other internet forums - Lesser, Harrisons, Porter & Harding, Minnis, Hardy, Smith Woolens, etc.)

Would you be interested in describing the ordering process with the travelling GY cutter and perhaps pictures of the various styles that GY has executed in the past? If you were to browse around SF, you would see that there are currently some specific highly favored styles. I'm talking about soft shoulders, soft canvas, shirtsleeve shoulder construction, patch pockets, slim/tapered trousers with large cuffs, etc.

18. The Louche

The Louche Well-Known Member

Not to be crass, but what is pricing like? Are there any trips to the Washington, DC area planned soon?

19. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

Any chance of adding an online or by email ordering process for those of us not in cities that typically host trunk shows?

20. Svenn

Svenn Well-Known Member

Most of the questions you guys have, including pictures, are in this older Yao thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=4284124

Welcome Eric... are you Gordon's son I assume? Gordon and his tailor made me a very nice suit when I was in HK, even though I had a lot of strange requests [​IMG] I'm hoping to get another one made... he has my pattern in HK but I'm wondering if he would require another fitting if I wanted to make some slight alterations in the fit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.