1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gordon Gekko from "Wall Street"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

I liked the scene in "21" where G.Gekko tells Fox, "don't come in here dressed like that again."

2. borjeson

borjeson Member

Goldstein, go away please.

3. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Well-Known Member

4. borjeson

borjeson Member

Marc, you're not wanted here. You've been banned at least a dozen times under various pseudonyms. Will you force us to take legal action?

5. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

Actually I think Stewart Copeland (former drummer of the Police) did a fantastic job with the soundtrack.

koji

6. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

Interesting that you would claim this, given that you're persona non grata over there and could only have gained membership under false pretenses. Of course, given your history of lying, stalking, and other antisocial behavior online, I wouldn't put anything past you.

7. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Impending flame war in 3....2....1.....

8. Popsila

Popsila New Member

9. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

See, isn't this more interesting than discussing sack suits, J Press, pink and green outfits, and bad haircuts.

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I haven't been around long enough to be able to discern what is sarcasm and joking in this thread and what isn't. I had no idea this topic has so much history.

11. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

is there an uglier can of worms in the style forum universe?

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

No, there isn't. I apologize that members keep having to see it play out. This Grayson/Goldstein guy really is disturbed.

13. caledoniasoul2

caledoniasoul2 Well-Known Member

so other then the giving credit to mr. kabbaz-which he is due for the gekko shirts. What about the original aspect of this thread.

Contrast collars today in June 2005--too 80's -going in the way of "flock of seagull"

or timeless a style with lasting and staying power if done with taste and restraint

14. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

I vote "B". I don't have many of them, but I like the ones I have. Also, I have certain shirts that when the collars and cuffs finally give out, I will have them replaced with white. At least that's the plan now.

15. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

I rather like them, but don't wear them personally.

koji

16. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you fail to see the humor in this post. Considering that obviously Moses did NOT make the shirts, and Ghandi and I did NOT go out for shots, I would have thought that you'd be able to relax a little bit and enjoy the jab at Greyson. Looks like I was mistaken.

It's good to see you are still here, as I haven't seen you post recently. Yes, I know you made the shirts.

Welcome back.

17. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Well-Known Member

Never left.

18. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

The actual line is even better:

"Buy a decent suit, will ya? You can't come in here looking like this. Go to Morty Sills, tell him I sent you."

19. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I'd say B as well with emphasis on my opinion that contrast collars look a lot better on tall men. Most short men that I've seen in contrast collars look ganstar in apperance. Again just my opinion but strong enough to steer me clear of the shirts altogether. I've seen some from time to time that I'd like to buy, last years spread RLPL shirts come to mind and a few T&A RTW selections from this years collection, but I think these shirts can only be pulled off by certain individuals. In the end its walking a tin line, especially if your a young professional, as I think to most people associate contrast collars with old man stuffiness. Not to say that it can't be pulled off remarkably, as was the case the other day at Hermes in Atlanta with a fine Asian gentlemen in a impressive contrast shirt (looked T&A) paired with a 2B navy pinstripe suit and yellow hermes tie.

20. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member