• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good tailors in Toronto?

super_paws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Havo
Just wondering but does Studio Kim do chain stitching?

Sydney's is the only place in Toronto that does chainstitching..

Havo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by super_paws
Sydney's is the only place in Toronto that does chainstitching..

I guess I have no choice but to wait it out =\\

korce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
I can speak from experience that even if you did take your stuff to Sydney's to be altered, he would just farm it out to another alterationist / tailor. I believe he sends most of his stuff to Studio Kim's which is just a few blocks south and east of where his shop is located.

I also have experience dealing with Kim; she is great and will do whatever it takes to make her customers happy.

I also agree that Sydney seems to farm out most of his alteration work to Studio Kim.

I've seen Shipley & Halmos shirts and suits there waiting to be altered, which presumably came from his shop, and in my experience when I used to take things to sydney to be altered, they would come back with the same tags that Kim uses...

Kim is great anyway though, so I just go to her now!

teecube

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Did anybody try Studio T on Queen West? I heard he does the work for Due West and Boomer, must be good then

pthree

Reaction score
Reviving this thread...

The chain stitch machine at Sydney's will be down for two months and I'm dying to get my Flat Heads hemmed. Anybody found any other places to get chain stitch hemming done?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I apologize for bumping an old thread, but it should be known that as of today Sydney's in Toronto is still not doing chain stitching. They knew of no one else locally that could do it either.

I'm tempted to buy a union special and start a chain stitching business for all us Torontonions.

xM.

Reaction score
I remember reading that Klaxon Howl did chainstitching. Well, sort of. They'll take chainstitch requests, proxy them out and someone in the US does it.

darwin

Reaction score
revamping, lol.

does anyone know if the woman at studio kim would be able to suggest alterations on a OTR suit?

ie, needs slimmer and hem let out, but will she know this by looking at how it fits?

thanks!

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
My relatively new suit (trousers) seems to be wearing out prematurely.... Wanted to see if there are any good tailors in Toronto that could fix it. Its a really nice suit (Canali) and I got it from a reputable place (Harry Rosen) which I just bought in the summer. Its wearing out in the crotch area.... What is this, why does this happen, and what can I do to prevent this?

In the mean time, I need a good tailor who could fix this.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
My relatively new suit (trousers) seems to be wearing out prematurely.... Wanted to see if there are any good tailors in Toronto that could fix it. Its a really nice suit (Canali) and I got it from a reputable place (Harry Rosen) which I just bought in the summer. Its wearing out in the crotch area.... What is this, why does this happen, and what can I do to prevent this?

Take it back to Harry Rosen to get them fixed.

bryanayrb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie

its a blessing dude

edgedilla

Reaction score
Anyone know a place where i can get my APC's repaired? I'm beginning to see places where holes are about to occur, mainly near the crotch and knee area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads