• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't like those pants at all because they remind me way too much of the SNL skit about mom jeans. Well, I don't like them for a few other reasons but that's a big one.

So you dislike all high waisted trousers because of an 80s/90s trend? I don't think mom jeans look all that bad, as long as they're in a dark wash denim. BNtailor had some awesome higher waisted jeans on their Instagram a while back.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't like those pants at all because they remind me way too much of the SNL skit about mom jeans. Well, I don't like them for a few other reasons but that's a big one.

Hawt

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I mean I see they bulge a bit on the side they aren't great, but it still seems like a huge exaggeration to me to say I'm better off OTR. You know that these trousers cost about the same as OTR right (it's [/URL] I think the break is pretty much where I want it, and I specifically asked for slimmer trousers and I feel like they did a pretty good job with that. I don't see why these are seen to be so godawful when lots of trousers I see posted don't have perfect lines and such either. They seem perfectly servicable to me. Comparing this to something I'd get from steed seems pretty irrelevant when a pair of trousers from them cost I think 3-4x as much?
It looks better with belts on and will look better with suspenders. From my layman's eyes, it looks like your body will be hard to fit by any tailor so I won't recommend just jumping tailors since bespoke fit improves with time, but I would advice you suspend all future commissions till you've educated yourself on proper pant fit and use that knowledge to guide your tailor. Phat Guildo and other hong kong SFers did the same thing and got good results. Fix the diaper issue, widen the hips and the leg and it will look decent. At that price, I don't really fault your decision.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need Noodles back. : (

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Kulata just mentioned price, and Iso, you've mentioned it a number of times.

Whether or not you purchase something should be influenced by price. Whether or not you are happy with something shouldn't be.*

You should not be happy with those pants. Not for a hundred dollars. Not for fifty. Not for free. Now, you've got to wear pants, I understand (this isn't Baltimore after all), but the attitude of "well, it's ok given the price" will leave you destined for disappointment.

By all means go back to your tailor. Get some pictures and circle the parts unacceptable. If you can't see it, I'm sure one of us will be happy to circle it for you. Go in. Tell them your next pair of pants shouldn't have these issues.

Do not get into the habit of settling when it is unnecessary to settle.

* you need a car and only have a grand to spend, so you buy a beater stinking of rum and old sex, with paint peeling off, springs bursting through seats, and "wash me" keyed into the hood. It may give you hepatitis. Now, if you need to get to work and that car is the only one available, buying it is the right choice. But you shouldn't be happy driving your '88 Dodge Thundershart.

Last edited:

akoustas

Reaction score
It's funny because when my fiancee found out I was checking my phone all the time for SF posts she basically said "I'm actually happy you're just chatting with a bunch of suit nerds, I have could been spending my time worrying about other women instead"

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Okay, I can't take it anymore. Screw this. I'll just SF at work, and never outside of work.

So, here's a summary of what's going on in my sartorial life:
1. Waiting on Formosa navy birdseye suit. Will pull the trigger when I get the twitter alert.
2. Will go get a $500~ suit from Suit Supply this or next weekend. Lazio or Napoli per Kulata's advice.
3. Sold the last Zegna suit that never fit me from the start but will keep the other 2 as beaters.
4. I was polishing my shoes with a bathroom towel. Is this bad? Should I take my wife's stocking or something?
5. Want to start looking at odd jacket and trousers look (OJT). So here is what I have in mind to start off. Let me know your thoughts.
102_038.jpg

dsc_3463.jpg

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is his wife on to his extended time in the bathroom to post on SF trick? What about when he's at work? I'm surprised he's not posting. Perhaps she took his phone.

She's apparently monitoring his posting on here as well, so if he posts in the open he gets in trouble.

I think murl needs to post a picture of a smaller purse for his nads ;)

Edit: Wow. He lives!

@The Noodles , that would go awesome together except that the jacket would look too suit-ish maybe? I'll defer to @Cleav @Murlsquirl @in stitches about this though.

Side note, just get a few terry cloths or use old ripped socks to polish shoes + horse brushes first to get the dirt off. If the towels are soft, it's probably fine, but stockings aren't going to work and I'm sure your wife isn't going to like your snooping around her hosiery lol.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thundershart.

This should have been Noodles CT.

Also, pant are sometimes required even in Baltimore.

@The Noodles , that would go awesome together except that the jacket would look too suit-ish maybe? I'll defer to @Cleav @Murlsquirl @in stitches about this though.

That combo he posted would be awesome. As to the jacket being "to suitish," if Greg is selling it on NMWA as a SC, then it is unquestionable not too suitish.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
No, she doesn't check if I am posting on SF. She got better things to do than that...i.e. make me a sandwich!

Can someone explain to me what the heck my CT means???

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, Noodles, for serious, has your wife "banned" you from SF indefinitely, and if so, please tell me why, very specifically, why.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads