1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

Monkeyface:

Didn't @NickPollica do something similar with pintucked moleskins?

2. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

@Monkeyface, that's a nice jacket, but it is effectively as easy to match as any navy or blue jacket.

@heldentenor has a similar blue gunclub jacket

Maybe I'll make a special section for navy patterned jackets...

3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that when I was googling for some info. Couldn't find anything that was helpful though, so I just winged it. Finished the grey cords, now doing my cream cords. I think I'm going to ask Luxire to do this on all my future trousers, perhaps even on wool ones. Sitting behind my desk all day always causes the crease on the knees to disappear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. NickPollica

NickPollica Well-Known Member

Correct. We actually sell a model called the pintuck that we did in moleskin this season. Its my favorite pant at the moment. Edward Sexton does this on a lot if his tailoring as well.

5. Monkeyface

Those moleskin pants look awesome. Is this the way to do it, or is the stitching done differently?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  6. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

MF, though I admire your creativity, skills and effort, I'm not sure I like the result. Looks a bit contrived and too OCD to me. Why not accept the inherent qualities of the fabrics? Part of why cords and moleskin work in looking less formal is precisely because they don't look so crisp as wool. Just my 2 rupiah...

1 person likes this.
  7. Monkeyface

Because I like the texture of the farbic, but not how it drapes. This is how they look after just 10 minutes of wearing them:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

But those pants can have a single pleat or have this, I don't see the harm IMHO. If it makes him happy to do this to his pants instead of having to press and have it fall out then sure. It's certainly nothing new!

MF, I wonder what it'll do after a wash, no?

9. Monkeyface

Yeah, I've seen plenty of single/double pleated cords, some creased and some uncreased. The heavier ones seem to keep their crease relatively well. Mine, unfortunately, do not. I've seen plenty of people on here complain about linen or linen blend fabrics not holding a crease, so this would be the perfect solution for that. You don't really notice it has been stiched, unless I'm standing perfectly still and you're only a feet or two away.

Washing won't be a problem, as I don't wash my trousers. I usually have them dry cleaned once a year. I wear each pair less than once a week, so they're not used too frequently.

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

I saw Sexton stitched the crease on a donegal suit, and it looked good there. I think it's best on a variegated fabric so that the stitching blends in a bit.

2 people like this.
  11. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

I'm with Elio, I'm not a fan. A lot of guys in my military unit used to do that to their fatigues back in the day when they weren't pajamas and you actually had to iron. Clothes are for wearing and when they get worn, they look worn. It doesn't bother me. I just repress them myself after each wear if needed.

1 person likes this.
  12. Monkeyface

I hate pressing trousers. I always get it wrong and it doesn't line up perfectly, which means there's 2 or more feint creases next to each other.

I don't get that logic, why would you repress the crease after each wear if you want your clothes to look worn? Does that mean you want your clothes to look crisp for a couple of hours in the morning and then look all wrinkled when you go to meet a client in the afternoon?

Anyways, to each his own. I like it and will probably do it for all of my trousers. It'll save me time in the long run and I like looking sharp when I leave the office after a long day of sitting down.

1 person likes this.
  13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, we used to call that the "railroad track" look when guys had two ceases in their pants and/or shirt. I'm weird, I like ironing/pressing and I like at least starting off my day looking sharp. In my opinion, it's easy to differentiate between sloppy and worn. I think you can look worn, sharp, and comfortable in your clothes at the same time. I actually think you look just that in the picture by the water you shared. Anywho, do what makes you happy...

1 person likes this.
  14. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

I love cream trousers. Maybe I should get cream cords instead of flannels? hmmmmm.

15. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

cream flannel > cream cords

16. Monkeyface

Agreed. They're about 4 times as expensive, but they look very nice. I still can't believe these pants were only $80.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  17. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

The problem with saying you are leaving SF is that its really almost inevitable that you return in some capacity or another. :)

---

NS1 - Great looking shoes/boots.

1 person likes this.
  18. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

Yeah but maybe I can get both!

Anyway guys thoughts on this?

[​IMG]

I somehow find this extremely pleasing to the eye. I can't tell if it's the cut or the guy is just got an extremely shapely/slender figure, and why it is that it's striking to me.

I also really like the outfit. idk I just really like it.

19. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

^not into that one at all. Very reblog-bait.

20. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member